Chapter 56

A/N: I'm trying out a new format, lmk what you guys think! (It's so much easier writing this way I swear) also this is the longest chapter of this book I have EVER written so I hope you enjoy<33

"Are you feeling alright?" Her face was pale, eyes bloodshot from the sleepless night. Her hands were sweating, clammy and in constant movement. "I'm fine Elijah, just... nervous." His brows furrowed as he studied her anxious demeanor.

Elijah turned his attention to Allison who seemed just as worried, their eyes met and she shrugged, not quite knowing what to say or do. Cassie's eyes were glued to the floor, her elbows were propped onto her knees as her foot bounced up and down against the tile.

"Can I get you some water Cassie?" She shook her head and that's when it clicked with Elijah, his jaw clenched and he strode over to where Cassie was sitting. "On the contrary, Allison if you don't mind getting her a glass of water, that would be splendid." His hand gripped her shoulder and she winced as they now both knew what was wrong.

Allison hurried off and down the hallway, once out of earshot Elijah sat down next to Cassie. "When was the last time you fed?" She pulled on her finger, listening to the crack of her knuckle. "I-I don't remember. We ran out of blood bags and I..." Her breathe came in shallow pants as her eyes bored into the floor boards of the complex.

"When I returned to my body the ripper cravings came back... every time I look at her all I can think of is ripping her throat out..." Involuntarily, her body shivered at the confession, of her taking the life of the girl she'd just brought back. "You need to feed, you won't be anywhere near your peak if you refuse."

"What am I supposed to do Elijah? Dahlia is on her way here. Freya, Rebekah, and Lori are preparing the faux spell for Hope." His teeth were grinding against one another as he took the words into consideration. She was right, they didn't have enough time so in a moment of weakness he came up with the best option.

"Feed off of me." The cold words caused her body to still, her knee suddenly stopping. Cassie slowly picked her head up and stared into his eyes, the stoic expression on his face told her he meant it. "I couldn't Elijah... you need your strength."

"As do you, it's not like you can kill me." Elijah brought his hand to his tie and began loosening it, then undoing the first two buttons on his dress shirt. "I can't 'Lijah." He raised an eyebrow and reached down to grip her wrist. In one swift movement he had her on her feet, their bodies pressed together, her head right in the line of his neck.

"Cassandra don't make me tell you again." Hunger started to overpower the guilt she held, the thought of pulling his blood from his veins was too much for her to handle. Cassie's eyes darkened, turning a deep shade of red, veins forming underneath her once green eyes. All logic went out the window as her fangs painfully descended from her gums.

In a flash she dug her fangs into his neck, but she knew the moment his blood hit her taste buds that this was just the thing she'd longed for. Cassie used her speed to shove him into the bookcase at the opposite side of the room, a low growl escaping his lips as she did so. She held him as close as humanely possible, the warmth of his body against hers, the blood spilling into her mouth, the sound coming from the back of his throat.

Elijah's hands came to rest on her waist, his fingers digging into her skin at the slight sting this brought. Cassie's eyes rolled into the back of her head as she finally felt the sickness washing away, the pit in her stomach being filled after what felt like forever.

She could feel her hands on his upper arm, her nails digging into the jacket of his suit. That's when she finally pulled away, blood dripping from her mouth as their eyes met. Hers filled with hunger, his filled with adoration and desire for the woman standing in front of him. Elijah carefully reached up and brushed any stray hairs from her face.