Chapter 13 - Dark To Light

KISSING MY KRYPTONITE

"I'll take the black dress, let Zamantha wear the white cocktail dress because she's gonna be the angel in the house.."

It's a short lace cocktail dress, she's going to look glamorous on it for sure.

The family dinner was a spur-of-the-moment decision made by the two of us; because seeing Rhio cried in front of me was a big statement for all of us. With that being said, I told Cash everything Rhio and I discussed at their house ending us to subsequently devise this plan that would help her. This dinner plan is not exactly for us; it is for Rhio and her family. A moment of truth reunion..

Ito na ang huling beses na mangingialam kaming magkapatid sa buhay ng pinsan namin, kung ano man maging desisyon niya tonight ay wala kaming magagawa kundi irespeto 'yon.

But if she chooses to fight for her love, then better.

"You have to invite random people to spice up the night, Ezra," Cash suggested while sketching something on the blank pad the boutique's designer gave her.

Sunu-sunod ganap niya sa buhay this week onwards dahil magde-december na nga, my sister doesn't like wearing cheap clothes. If it's not her own designs, she's obsessed with fancy brands or seeing all her money hanging on her closet.

"I invited Trina." Kahit na nakukulitan na ako because she kept bugging me about Rhio's ex, Sachienzo. Bakit daw sa VPMP ito nakalibing gayong hindi naman siya Veneracion, that's because it was his last wish before he died. Wala siyang alam sa plano namin ni Cash pero nakakasigurado akong kaya niyang i-handle ang kung ano mang maging resulta ng gabing ito.

She is Zamantha's close friend, and she's overly protecting her. Kulang na lang iisipin ko na talagang may gusto siya sa Abvelino na 'yon.

I looked over the wall clock for the nth time around, we're meeting her lawyer after this at hindi ako mapakali because I kept thinking about Red.

Late na 'ko, kung sa klase 'to ni Professor Cordova, nasa SAO na naman class card ko. Hindi ko kasi dala sasakyan ko, I can't use my sister's lambo as well because random people were following her around. Mga nagra-rally na ilang linggo na yata siyang 'di tinitigilan because of her issue, work-related.

So what I did is to escape. May guards naman kaming kasama kaya I was confident to leave her, ganyan siya kamahal ng mga magulang namin.

Ymmanuel Aqua Fitness Gym, a swimming aqua sport gym arena. Super popular swimming facility in the city which is fully equipped with mix of pre-war and modern designs that mainly features majority of our national sports activities.

The whole sports arena was designed by Architect Cash and owned by one of my mother's siblings.

Dito ako natutong mag-swimming, unlike sa schools, dito ay walang restrictions, walang grades na nasusunod as long as you have money.

"Wren!"

One of my favorite Ymmanuel cousins, she straightaway waves her hand when she saw me.

Nakasuot 'to ng red boxing vest top and fitted square shorts. I suspect she has ended her workout, and I smirk at the thought of her hard sport, which is diametrically opposed to her soft demeanor.

She aimed a punch to greet me na mabilis na sinalubong ng isang kamay ko.

"Must be tough, huh?" Maarte niya akong tinaasan ng kilay pagkatapos niya akong yakapin.

"Better than I was, I guess? But not nearly as best as I am going to be.."

"Lumipat ka sa Cambridge eh, iniwan mo kami sa Hanmizora."