Chapter 5 - Hallo Win

KISSING MY KRYPTONITE

"I heard you went home late last night and drank yourself to death," after a long silence that engulfed us both the entire time we were at this dining table, my father eventually spoke out.

Ngayon lang ulit siya sumabay sa pagkain, sa 'kin, I don't remember the last time now.

I know there's a lot more going on, but after what they did to me and that Sebaztian guy previously, I'm frightened to show any interest in their crappy businesses anymore. They'll retake control of my life once I show them a glimmer of concern for their cause.

"As if it's my first time," I humorously say after dropping my fork. Kumain lang ako ng ham and nagkape to lessen my hangover symptoms. I didn't expect the gin to hit me so high other than the fact na sobrang bilis ko ring malasing.

"That's it, you're getting older and have not much more time to do something good. Cash has been doing great, how about you?"

"She's not fine," I said in a lazy tone. "She's may be vibrant and smiling now but she has a lot going on in her mind. Can't you ask her if she's okay as well? Hindi 'yan nakakatulog sa gabi-gabi because of her horrible nightmares-"

"Cash is doing better, she's taking charge of everything in our business. How about you? Have I not told you to go in a Law school and enter politics para may ambag ka naman sa bahay na 'to?!"

"That's not what I wanted to do-"

"You and your empty head, Ezra," tigas bagang niyang sambit. "Like a white crayon, useless! Kailan ka titino?"

It strikes me offensive, I should've used to it. Ganito naman na nila ako kausapin noon pa man. Immune na dapat ako..

And him being an ex-military man is also not an excuse.

Walang titino sa pamilyang 'to dahil pare-pareho lang naman kaming may kanya-kanyang issues dito lahat except for my sister and even if she has..our emotionally immature and manipulative parents adore her so much that they won't see anything wrong from her. It's a lot harder for them to do that to me..because they all love me less.

I stopped in front of my parents' room, overhearing my mom's sobs..

"Mom.." I mumble going weak in my knees. She abruptly wipes her face when she noticed me sitting gently beside her. Kahit ano'ng galit ko whenever I see my mom cries, the feeling is hitting me the hardest.

I rarely see her like this because she's good at putting her emotions aside and going through hell to provide us with the best life possible. She is that one person who will help me, even if she sometimes doesn't understand me. She is the kindest mom even though she can be so cruel-she loves me the only way she knows how to.

She won't look up at me.

"S-sorry mom, sinusubukan ko naman ayusin buhay ko," I swallowed hard. "I'm sorry mom.."

She looked at me through her tears, in a shaking voice she mumbled, "Hey, sweetie it's not you. Y-your dad..I think he's keeping something from us.."

"What do you mean mom? Did you two fight over something again?"

"I don't know..something or someone.." She sobs, "H-hindi ko na alam, Ezra.."

My jaw tightened before words formed in my mouth and let it out, "Are you saying may babae si dad?"

°°°

When I walked into our favorite gay-pub nightclub, Míx ît ÚP, I straightaway identified Matias among the crowd of individuals dressed in spooky costumes. She's outfitted by Harley Quinn's Clown costume with the baseball bat; it's a perfect fit for her because she looks exactly like Margot Robbie.