Chapter 46B - Cordova

KISSING MY KRYPTONITE

I awoke in a dimly lighted room, dazed, and looking about the new house. I went through the other door and found a macbook on the bed. My body completely trembled as I watched the video, which would have been cctv footage in a white room. Red is stuck inside and crying alone for no apparent cause. Someone is clutching a syringe behind him, ready to give him his dose of medication; I knew it was his medicines because his personal kit and bag are on the table.

Searching hastily throughout the house for that white chamber, I find no signs. Once again, I'm walking at an empty villa, but this time with a smaller space with just two bedrooms, a living area, and a kitchenette.

"Oh, you're awake!"

Chanel smiles at me as she emerges from her room, she is wearing a bathrobe, so I suppose she was in her bathroom when I reached her bed.

"Where am I?" something is happening, so I need to think ahead my response. She kidnapped Red, if I'm not misinformed, therefore I must begin devising a plan or a roadmap to rescue him.

"Far away from them, Rafa," hinaplos niya ang pisngi ko, "Dinala kita rito kasi alam kong nalilito ka lang, kailangan mo ng tahimik na lugar at sapat na oras para mag-isip. Kapag naibalik kita sa dati, itutuloy ulit natin ang plano. Magpagaling ka, marami pa tayong pag-uusapan."

"I'm not sick."

"Oh, you are, get well soon for Minka."

Gusto kong sumigaw sa galit, itanong sa kanya kung saan niya dinala si Red pero hindi ko magawa. Pagkatapos niyang patayin si Davies, hindi ko na siya matingnan nang matagal sa mata dahil hindi ko na siya makilala. Perhaps the reason I'm still here is to sober her up because she's drunk with her dark pleasure and misery to wreak vengeance by killing people, oh I continue to believe.

"Is this what Minka really wants to happen? Will she be happy to see you like this?"

"Si Friedrich na lang, Rafa Eli, we're near to the dead end, si Friedrich na lang..."

"We're near to what? Killing his daughter and his.." I shut my eyes and think about Red crying inside that room again. He looks scared, is he getting the right dosage of his medications? Are the food he's eating healthy?

"Matutuloy ang plano, ikaw na lang ang kulang dahil nakahanda na ang lahat."

"I'm worried about them.."

"Who?"

"My family, they're probably looking for me," my voice starts to break. "Red is sick, he can't go a day without his insulin."

In desperation, I have to tell her about it, she needs to know it for Red's sake.

"They know you're with me," she smiles sweetly, "Don't worry about Red, he's in good hands. I'll tell your mom about his medication, okay? Just focus on our goals, walang masamang mangyayari sa kanya."

Tell my mom? Don't tell me she abducted them too?

No, Chanel can't do this to me, hindi niya gagalawin ang pamilya ko. Maybe she's just doing this to Red kasi alam na niya ang totoo, the things I kept from her for so long.

She turned around, and I quickly and decisively attacked her, but the speed at which she moved surprised me, not because I was too weak, but rather because she had the exact capacity to do more than what I can do.

"Rafa you're not fine, spend that energy somewhere else. Hindi tayo magkalaban, nandito ka para magpagaling at para ihanda ang sarili mo," her voice gentle.