Chapter 22 - Alfa Democrats

KISSING MY KRYPTONITE

"Mind if I join you?"

Water droplets trickled on my face while I am busy floating on my back in this pool. I guess it's her doing dahil hindi naman umuulan, I half-opened my eyes to see her. I'm with the minions, hindi ko alam kung bakit pati ito ay nandito.

"Leave me alone, Achira," I ignored her, submerging myself thoroughly into the water with different strokes..faster, deeper and deeper.

She should stop now, I heard she's dating the Basketball Varsity Captain, 'yung ka in relationship niya sa facebook na dinamay pa ako. I'm trying not to get involved in any controversies as much as possible because I'm running for SSC and I don't want to tarnish my reputation.

Umahon ako mula sa tubig at naglakad papuntang shower room.

"Aspiring SSC President of Alfa Democrats, you should start treating people with respect."

"Wag mong sabihing hanggang sa classroom susundan mo 'ko?" iritadong wika ko.

Continuation ng campaign namin mamaya, kahapon kami nagsimula at dahil maraming grupo ang nag-aagawan ng time slots. Ang hirap kumuha ng magandang pagkakataon per department, ang ibang propesor ay mahirap pang kausap.

"I can help you win this election," she said with a smile. "If I win the vice presidency, we can put together an excellent team. We can start making arrangements immediately, Meziah. Think fast.."

"Are you so desperate that you're willing to betray your own team, Achira?"

Cassie Sylvester is their prospective SSC President, and she's a serious opponent because she possesses all of the qualifications for the position. Why would Achira throw that away only to be with me?

Lumapit siya sa 'kin, gumapang ang kamay niya sa baywang ko hanggang sa makakuha siya ng candy sa bulsa ko.

"Snowbear," she giggles seductively. "I'm not compromising my own team, babe. This is what you call smart and strategic play. I can utilize my connections and popularity to boost your votes in the upcoming election instead of sending them to Cassie."

"Just save it for Cassie and play a fucking fair game," I said under my gritted teeth. "I hate using this card pero baka nakakalimutan mong you're talking to a Veneracion.."

"I got it right? If it's not because of your daddy, will you be qualified enough to vie for that spot? Think about what I said Meziah, you have until the end of this month, I'm going to text you my condo address," she smirked after seductively dumping the candy in her mouth.

"What happened to your face?" pabungad na tanong ni Matias when I entered the classroom.

Nagkibit-balikat lang ako.

Naiinis ako, kung mamamatay tao lang ako matagal nang pinaglamayan 'yang si Achira.

"Blain was looking for you pala. Here oh, wear it daw mamaya," wika ni Yesha habang nagbubuklat ng libro pagkatapos niyang ibato sa 'kin ang isang black t-shirt. "Lucca, our president is here!"

"I'm still processing the news that Meziah is running for SSC President," pang-aasar ni Lucca, pang-ilang banggit niya na ba ito at hindi pa niya naa-absorb?

"She didn't stop with the free hotdogs, pinipilahan na sa cafeteria everyday," dagdag ni Matias.

Speaking of which, nakailang texts at missed calls na si Jazzver sa 'kin mula kanina dahil nakikipagkita ito sa cafeteria.

I slumped into the chair in front of Jazzver, siya unang inisip ko pagkatapos ng klase namin kanina kaya naparito ako agad.

"Hindi na kita nakikita sa Mix it UP, change of lifestyle 'yon?"