Chapter 14 - Tickle To Death

KISSING MY KRYPTONITE

(A/N: TW // Panic attacks.)

And I have to stay away from her..

But it's all too late, and that's the thing about fucking time: we can't backtrack, we can never turn back the hands of clock.

"Achira what the hell?!"

She came over to where I was standing on stage and wrapped her arms around my neck, behaving like my obsessed girlfriend, and before she could kiss me, I knocked her away.

Upon catching my breaths after the intense performance and Achira's drama, I redirect my sight to Professor Cordova's spot, only to find that she has disappeared right off!

"Ang galing mong kumanta, pwede ka na maging dancer!"

"Supportive mo talaga, thanks," poker-face, I goggled at Lucca.

"May tinatago ka palang halimaw sa katawan mo!" Matias rushed over down the stage to offer me a quick embrace of congratulations na sinundan na ng iba pang mga kasama ko at buong grupo ng banda ni Liam.

More of my squads flocked on me to make the same comments, while others were absolutely amazed by my unanticipated performance as well. Puro sila pangungulit kung sino tinutukoy ko sa stage kanina but I did my best to brush it off and told them it's just for entertainment.

Hindi nakataas sa paningin ko ang papalayong pigura ni Professor Cordova magmula sa kumpulam ng mga tao rito, I clenched my jaw.

"Hindi mo susundan?"

"Huh?" I responded naively as I casually strummed the guitar that was still lying on my torso, picking it with my thumb and index finger at random.

Nasa isang tabi kami ngayon, medyo rinig pa naman ang isa't isa dahil nagsibalikan na muna sa kanya-kanyang lungga ang mga tao because a special guest is currently making a boring speech.

Lucca rolled her eyes at me.

"You can fool them some of the time," she eyed the whole crowd. "But not all the time, Meziah. Not all of us.."

Pasimple akong lumingon kina Matias na kausap ngayon nina Jazzver, Yesha at iba pa outside my squads.

"What are you talking about, Lucca?"

"When you sabotaged Professor Juke's proposal to Ma'am Nevaeh, who were you with? It was me, right?"

"And so?"

"Siraulo ka, Meziah andami mong ebas sa stage. Kung silang lahat nagtatanong kung sino'ng babae tinutukoy mo pwes ako hindi," medyo lumakas 'yung boses niya. "I know this is kinda impossible but do you have a crush on Professor-"

In utter disbelief, I clasped one of my palms over her noisy mouth.

"Where is Professor Cordova? Could someone please do advise her that she needs to actually show up before the clock strikes midnight for the Christmas tree lighting and fireworks countdown?"

"I'm trying to contact her, Ma'am Averie," someone responded.

Hindi ko alam bakit ako kinabahan.

Lucca jerked my hand away from her face with great force.

"Ano tatanga ka pa rin jan?" Lucca breathed out, her head raised up to the highest floor of the library. "The lights turned on, she's probably there."

I shrugged dismissively, "Lucca can you stop? Tinatawag ka na nina Matias, leave me alone please?"