EPILOGUE

𝐂𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐏𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐨 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

❝ Life is like a piano; the white keys can represent happiness and the black keys show sadness. But as you go through life's journey, remember that the black keys also create music. ❞

Kissing my Kryptonite..

The whirlwind of my feelings grew, and my heart leapt in, causing a sudden grief.

Running with tears in my eyes, before I can reach the spot where I had parked my car, I am about to get hit by another luxury vehicle as it crosses the intersection when a tall woman steps in to grab my arm out of the way. She's still clutching me as I snarl at her, and she apologizes profusely after understanding what I am frowning about. Muka siyang hindi taga rito, if I'm not mistaken, she looks more like a mix of Japanese and Filipino. Wren Skeeter Ymmanuel confirms it after popping up out of the building without warning and starting to yell her name.

"Alpha Vañiel, where have you been?!"

"Thanks," is all I can muster, deciding to hurry quickly so I can reach my car and get inside.

The years I spent trying to be the strongest of people were shattered to my end simply upon seeing her hold someone else. Her embrace used to be my perfect place at my weakest, but now is the reason I get weak and sick like shit in pain. Why do I need to witness that?

She's not to be blamed for this, rather, it's my fault, because of my bad decisions. Ezra deserves to be happy and to be with someone who can give her the things in ways that I had been unable to do in the past. If only moving on is something we could buy, what a luxury it is to no longer feel this way.

"Hija, anak, you have a guest," aunt Rafaela, my father's sister.

Sa kanila ako nag-stay since I was 8 years old, they're my second family which is the reason I'm always welcome here. Our new house was built in the same area, and I've only come in to visit my cousin.

"She's waiting at the porch, you should hurry and see her!" my dad's best comrade and one of the greatest martial arts instructors here in England, Uncle Baron, is my aunt's husband. He taught me to be more resilient, one of the people who backed me in escaping Davies in the past, tragically, the plan failed because we had been unable to take Minka with me but we were fortunate to save Red.

I don't understand why there's a sudden guest, aside from the fact that it's nearly seven o'clock in the evening, why would she come here rather than our house? After dumping the basket of fruits I bought for my cousin in the town, I rush out to see who the guest is.

Walking closer, the woman standing gracefully at the porch, who literally looks like a living barbie doll turns to my direction, a gorgeous half smile that can't be bought graces her lips.

"Great to see you again, Professor Cordova."

"Miss Veneracion," my mouth opens then closes, then opens, in the end I don't know what else to say.

"Please drop the formalities, Rafa Eli," she beams a bit more brightly, her eyebrow gently arches, "If my memory serves me well, we were in the same class a few years back."

"Yeah, rivals in that class," I replicate her quirky demeanour. "Great interacting with you again, Miss Perfectionist."

"Are you sure you need to remind me of that, Miss Overachiever? Being rivals and that.." she bites the inside of her left cheek.

We used to call each other that way in those classes after series of debates over something. We don't know each other well enough to give each other nicknames, but we were mad enough to do so, our dominant attitudes clicked. We were rivals in the past until we were allocated to the same project, we collaborated on it, and that is how we came up with the silly names.