Chapter 9 - Game Of Medals

KISSING MY KRYPTONITE

(A/N: Para sa mga overthinkers like me, I just wanna say, hindi po fantasy-themed ang KMK pero baka maging MMK jks. Late update! Braincells are not working but here, happy april! Thank you for reading.)

°°°

Professor Cordova was busy lecturing in front when Coach Ryker knocked on the door. I know it was him since I was bombarded with his messages before our Philo Subject even actually started.

She took a deep breath, adjusted her eyeglasses across the bridge of her nose, and made a brief glance at her wristwatch before stepping up to her desk.

They spoke quietly for a few seconds, and I can see Professor Cordova crossed her arms over her chest while formally and earnestly listening to what Coach Ryker had to say.

"Athletes, Daniel Yamato and Ezra Meziah Veneracion, you're excused for today's period. Proceed to the River Bend Elite Swimming Pool Gym for your last preparation," seryosong anunsyo ni Professor Cordova nang makabalik ito sa kanyang desk matapos magpaalam ni Coach Ryker.

"Isa na naman pong tamad mag-aral ang excused sa long quiz ngayon."

I glared to my classmate who said that before leaving the room.

Daniel Yamato is also an athlete, but he participates for the men's league, whereas I go for the women's team.

Our annual sports festival is coming up so soon, and it is scheduled for next week. Coach Ryker merely considered getting me engaged since it will be a perfect opportunity for me to easily pass the tryouts once I ace for either a silver or gold medal.

The River Bend Elite Swimming gym is different from the usual pool na tambayan ko lagi, mas malaki 'to kumpara roon.

It's a large sports club divided into two wide sections for men and women. It offers large decks that, for even the most part, encircle around the pool, providing easy access and sight lines from all directions.

"Meet and greet your teammates; I'll go check on the men. Coach Jara will be around to keep an eye on you!"

Coach Ryker announced before leaving us.

"Small world, same sports," Achira walks behind me kasabay nang pagbangga niya sa isang braso ko. "Are you here to acquire medals? The gold is mine by default, but you know how to steal it from me, Meziah."

"I can get it without having to build you as my own kind of swimming pool," I lazily said, uninterested, and grabbed my things so I can change.

This woman is starting to annoy me, baka hindi niya na ako makalimutan kapag pinatulan ko siya and I don't want that to happen. I bet she really likes me that much, baka 'di pa maka-move on at dumagdag pa sa problema ko sa buhay.

Late na dating namin kaya kaming dalawa nalang dito sa loob. I went for a quick shower after wearing my square cut shorts and just my black racer sports bra exposing my long legs and well-toned stomach, training palang naman 'to but I still need to do a great job.

"Veneracion, Meziah? Are you in there?"

I heard Coach Jara calling my name outside the shower room, binabasa ko pa buong katawan ko.