09. vulnerable

It has been two days since the incident. Two days and Imee still can't take it upon herself to talk to Catrina about her father and what might happen if she does.

No, she doesn't have the heart, at least not yet.

Maaga silang nagising, kasama na diyan si Irene. They were going somewhere. This is Catrina's second public appearance with the Marcos family; she was introduced as their personal maid's niece, Manang Celia's niece. She is too young to be given the title of a 'maid', and knowing that the media likes to rip off the Marcos family, they thought this would be a much better decision than introducing her as their helper.

The Marcos family didn't want the media to cause her any harm, and certainly won't allow Catrina to go through what they did.

Many people grew suspicions about her, making articles and such. But knowing the family, they tried their best to ignore it and move on.

Ngayong umaga ay pupunta sila sa market place kung saan bibili ng mga panakot para sa almusal at tanghalian ang magkakapatid na Marcos. Imee had free time from the senate and so she decided to go with Irene, and might as well bring Catrina with her. They had other people, such as their P.A and some bodyguards to go with them, but that was truly it.

"Okay Catrina, kapag nandoon na tayo, don't stray away. Got it?" Tanong ni Imee kay Catrina at tumango naman ito. They were currently huddled inside the van, six people, not including their driver, seated comfortably while waiting for Manong Kaloy to drive off.

Their P.A, Janica, was seated right up front, alongside Manong Kaloy. Catrina was sandwiched between Irene and Imee by the passenger seat, whilst two of their bodyguards were positioned at the back of the van.

"Ready na ang lahat?" Manong Kaloy asked, looking through his rear-view before fixing his gaze back in front.

"Ready!" Sigaw nilang lahat. With that, the car drove off to the market, accompanied by Irene's soft humming.

Both Imee and Irene carried tote bags with them, of course it was for whatever they were about to buy. They wore shades as well, the reason being to avoid getting recognized.

Tahimik lang nakaupo si Catrina, naririnig niya ang mahinahong pagkanta ni Irene sa kanyang kanan at nararamdaman naman ang kamay ni Imee sa balikat niya sa kaliwa.

But what she didn't know, something was about to happen. Something big, and something that can possibly tie bonds, break hearts, and heal scars.

. . .

Soon after, they have arrived. The market was surprisingly vacant with little to no people walking around. A little shocking, but it was a miracle.

They roam around for quite some time, gathering essentials for their chosen dishes. It was all going good. Janica was carrying the list, handling their payment, and practically did what any other P.A would do. Meanwhile, Catrina helped Imee and Irene with their bags.

"Ayan na ba ang lahat? Or may nakalimutan pa tayo?" Imee asked, searching her tote bag and glancing at Janica and Irene with a questioning look.

"Oh! Yes, I forgot to buy the lettuce and cucumbers." Biglang sinabi ni Irene at tsaka lumingon para hanapin kung saan stand ba ito binebenta.

"Ayon, Ma'am Irene!" Agad-agad tinuro ni Catrina ang isang stand na bakante at medyo maluwang, it was exactly where Irene planned to go to.

"Samahan ko na kayo, para sabay-sabay na lang tayo sumakay sa kotse."

"Sige manang, this is the last stop anyway."