14. jolly. . .bee?

It was the next morning and the mansion was succumbed in silence. Lahat ay napagod kakatawa dahil sa tatlong magkapatid kagabi.

After the conversations on the dining table last night, and as promised. . .Imee talked with her three sons privately while Irene and Imelda accompanied Catrina in the living room.

She explained everything. From how she bumped into Catrina, up until how she stayed here and will be going to school thanks to them.

When Imee told the boys about Catrina's father and what he'd done. . .ay biglang nandilim ang paningin nila. They couldn't believe that someone would do that, they were clenching their fists when they learned that their mother almost got hurt and Catrina was being treated that way.

Though, after that. . .the three noticed something. Borgy mentioned that Catrina and her tita Irene held similarities to which Imee agreed na ikinagugulat nilang tatlo.

Imee realized that she wasn't the only one who noticed. Her three sons also told her that they felt light and comfortable whenever they talk to Catrina.

"Could it be. . .?" Borgy asked. The three were stashed away in their mother's office while the rest was left downstairs. This was the talk they've been waiting the moment they arrived and saw Catrina.

"I don't know," Imee told her eldest son,
"—but it could be. It's just that, I keep my expectations low. Kasi baka masasaktan lang ulit tayo. . ."

Matthew along with Mike, exchanged glances. They knew what their mother meant. This was the biggest and only family matter that left everyone in a sudden state of shock, disbelief, grief, and never acceptance.

"We may never know. . .but one thing's for sure," Imee began, looking at her children with such stern eyes, "She's staying here forever."

Even the three couldn't deny that. Unang kita at usap pa lang nila kay Catrina ay agad-agad napalapit na sila sa kaniya. Siguro dahil sabik na sabik na yung pamilya nila pero still, ibang-iba talaga ang nararamdaman nila.

"Is that why tita's acting like that? Does she know? Is she thinking it?" Tanong ni Mike.

"I know Irene. . .she's not dumb. She's suspecting pero in denial pa din. You know your tita, she's very stubborn." Imee replied, rubbing her temples in an attempt to relax. It quickly became a habit of hers.

And now only half of the family isn't aware. Hindi pa rin nakauwi sila Bonget at Liza sa kanilang trip. They were the only ones, along with Aimee and their three kids as well as Greggy, Alfonso and Luis that doesn't know what was currently unfolding in the Marcos Mansion.

Alas, the house remained silent.

That was until Matthew woke up, bringing sound in every corner of the room with his loud chirping.

Borgy and Mike soon followed, groggily going down the stairs and glaring at their younger brother.

Catrina heard their commotion downstairs and decided that it was time to wake up. And although she wasn't their helper anymore. . .she still chose to clean and do her chores alongside Manang Celia.

"Look who's awake!" Matthew announced when he saw Catrina walking down the stairs. "Ayan na si munting Kit-Cat!"

Natawa naman si Catrina sa binigay ni Matthew na nickname para sa kaniya. She greeted them goodmorning and proceeded to do her chores.