15. a treat

Days had passed since the Manotoc brothers have been here. And within those days the family seemed to have been closer with Catrina than ever before.

More and more though, Irene and Catrina's bond was stronger. They were inseparable. They did almost anything together and that Imee and her sons find it quite adorable. Aakalain mo talaga na parang mag mother-daughter silang dalawa.

Today was very particular, Irene decided to shop for more authentic and well-made handbags or just look around and see what catches her eye. Plano niyang dalhin si Catrina para makalabas din ito ng bahay, at makipag-bonding sa kaniya.

"Catrina? Where are you?" Irene called, she was already getting ready and prepared her essentials.

"Nandito po ako sa labas tita!" Sagot ng dalagita. And yes, from the moment Imee said she could call them 'tita', she did. Although she struggled for some time but eventually she grew accustomed.

Catrina was busying herself in the Marcos' gardens. At kahit pinagsabihan na siya nilang dalawang magkakapatid, ay hindi parin nakikinig. She was plucking the weeds that grew from all around and tended to the rose bushes.

"Nako naman! How many times have we told you? Bawal kang mag-pagod!" Irene scolded, observing how Catrina was crouched down on the soil, covered in muck and her own sweat and was smiling from ear to ear.

"Hayst. Get up from there and go shower, we're going somewhere." Irene continued, "—and stop smiling. Ikaw ha, naisahan mo naman kami! Keep it easy with the chores darling, halos ginawa mo na lahat ang gawain ng ibang helpers dito."

"Mabilis na lang ito tita, konting damo na lang yung natira oh." Sagot niya sabay turo sa paligid.

"Anong konti?! Ang laki nitong garden Catrina!" Irene looked around and saw that it was in fact almost finished kaya napatameme lang siya kay Catrina.

"Did you do all this? Aiysh. Why am I even asking, of course you did. Look at you oh, pawis na pawis!" Irene made Catrina stand as she wiped her forehead and dusted off a couple of dirt that sat on her shoulders.

"Sige na, go shower and change. May pupuntahan tayo."

Catrina nodded and dashed up to her room. Napakunot na lang ng noo si Irene sa ginawa ng bata. She couldn't believe she covered the whole garden, parang hindi siya yata nakakaramdan ng pagod.

"Ikaw talagang bata ka. . ." Irene muttered before following the girl inside. She got ready too, in fact she was the first to finish before the young girl.

She wore a simple white shirt with puff sleeves, and her signature skin tight skirt. Irene patiently waited for the girl to finish and she has never been this excited. She glanced down on her wrist to check the time before hearing fastened steps coming down the stairs. Napatingin siya and Catrina was all dressed up neat and tidy.

Irene had to double take before managing to wake up from her trance. Even though Catrina was only wearing her simple shirt and jeans. . .Irene can't deny how alluring she made it be. Her face was decorated with a smile Irene learned to love.

"Ready na po," She beamed whilst staring at her tita Irene. 

"Alright, let's go!" Irene held Catrina's shoulders before going out and taking her to her car. She made Catrina sit in the passenger seat considering minors aren't allowed to sit in front for safety purposes.

The car gave a small click and jingle before Irene turned the engine on, and with that they were off to the mall where Irene originally planned to be. Throughout the ride, Irene kept glancing back at Catrina through the rear view before softly smiling to herself seeing that she was enjoying watching out the car window.