24. wary and woe

A week had passed and things weren't the same.

Well, to start. . .good things happened here and there, granting wishful hopes. But bad things also occur. . .and Catrina doesn't understand why. To be frank, they weren't really bad things, just awful doubts that's making Catrina question everything around her.

Her tita Imee, along with her six other kuyas started acting weird. Even Bonget and Liza were sort of. . .distancing themselves from her.

She doesn't understand. Has she done something? Said something na ikinagalit nila?

Irene remained the same. . .the moment Catrina went home from school that same day she got her new phone, she immediately looked for her tita Irene.

Hindi niya talaga nakalimutan mag-pasalamat sa kaniya at nang nakita niya si Irene sa sala na nakaupo, ay agad niya itong niyakap.

Irene was caught off guard with the gesture, but nevertheless she hugged the young girl back. Hindi na namalayan ni Catrina na umiiyak na pala siya, but Irene told her that it was alright.

From then on, their bond grew even stronger than what it was before. . .

But as their relationship thrived, napansin naman ni Catrina na simula maging matamlay ang relasyon ng kanyang tita at kuyas sa kaniya.

All that flew past her though, as school took over her whole schedule. Piles and piles of homework, projects, essays, activities, and what not had her in chains and Catrina has no choice but to obliged with the given work.

Everytime Irene would ask her out for breakfast, or rather to have a little chit-chat, Catrina apologizes and dips. It's as if Irene jinxed. . .knew this would happen and thanked the stars that she did the soirée.

"Sorry tita pero may project pa po akong tatapusin sa school eh. . ." Was one of her reasons. Irene let it slide kasi importante din naman yung edukasyon ng bata. But sometimes, the woman feels lonely.

These past few months, from the day they met up until now, their relationship has already bloomed into something much more delicate, something precious, something Irene wished to have fulfilled with her own daughter.

Irene had no tears left to cry, but her heart still yearns. And Catrina seems to fill that gap. . .especially when Irene started to see herself in the young girl.

On the contrary, Catrina was at school as of now. . .particularly oblivious to the woman's feelings. Likely stated, she was busy.

Kasama niya ngayon si Harper papuntang Principal's office to pass a report from the student council. Majority of the students picked Harper to be their student body president, to be the face of the school, but Harper refused.

Well, up until Catrina forced her to run. Then she agreed and so now, both of them were headed towards the office to file Harper's certificate of candidacy and to hand out the signed report on this upcoming school elections.

And what a surprise. Ang makakalaban ni Harper sa debate ay yung estudyante na nabanggaan ni Catrina on the very first day. Apparently, she was taking this as her 'revenge' on the both of them kaya natawa na lamang si Harper.

In a way, Catrina and Harper became friends. Although not as close as actual friends. . .but they're getting there.

"I can't believe that Samantha would run against me," Sabi ni Harper, habang sila ay palakad papuntang office. "I mean, I never wanted this in the first place pero the fact that she's challenging me? Aba eh, syempre hindi ako mag papa-awat."