[01] ● Kal ~ El ●

~~~

"I've never met a Clark before"

~~~

"I've never met a Lois before"

~~~

THE D.O.D.

B

B.M.SM

(BEFORE MOVING TO SMALLVILLE)

~~~

Sam Lane, Lois's father, never much liked Clark.

But Sam knew that Clark, no superman had his uses.

Such becoming more apparent during another high profile case.

A missing person's case.

At first there was one .

Then two.

Bill and Martha Steward's

Both aristocratic noblility.

Found stolen from there honeymoon, coasting though matroplis on there way to the airport.

Then another.

A young boy this time.

Finley (redacted).

With the boy having being taken reportedly on the way to his first day at SmallVilles Public high-school.

Making it a total of three people in the last month.

The first two being attributed to coincidence.

At the time.

The third.

However -

Marked a pattern of events, making the D.O.D.'S concern.

Sam knew something was amiss.

He just had no idea it would have something intertwined with superman, no Clark's hometown and a dead kid.

~~~

The

KENT'S

KENT'S

~~~

Jonathan had never had a wonderful relationship with his dad's side of the family.

Not that Jonathan had a bad relationship with his grandparents'.

Just that with them living way off in rural America and only ever seeing grandma Kent twice a year for Christmas and thanksgiving, it made getting to know them so hard that Jonathan never really bothered.

With his grandmother making no effort to Bridge the gap bettween them.

So when another one of his grandparents, Martha Kent, past away and Jonathan had to packed up hastily for her funeral over the weekend.

Missing his football seasons first game.

Jonathan found himself in quite a mood, not mad but not mournful either.

Leaning back in his seat the rubble of the dirt road his mother had been driving on jostling his headphone from his ears.

With the window down.

Jonathan blinked at the sky, his half covered ears caching the faint whisper of a dying birds crow in the distance, shaking his head.

Jonathan went to place his music back on, ignoring his mother's concured glances that she kept flicking back at Jordan.

Who had his hoodie up.

His face looking away from Jonathan.

Who he was seated next to.

From his mother's place in the driver's seat.

Taking her eyes away from her son's.

Lois looked towards her husband.

Who's face had been pulled back, forced in a neutral expression, eyes squinted against the sun in worry.

Gripping at the steering wheel, grounding herself.

Lois pulled into Martha Kent's former house.

The car was somber everyone understanding Clarks need for silence, as the vehicle came to a stop.

~~~

Vote?

If you liked.