[30] ● The Ghost Of Present Gone By ●

~~~

THE

KENTS

~~~

The name 'Bright News' ran across the television screen.

"Hundred of thousands of people who had been taken by Morgan Edge have been transported back to their homes and all the people who went missing due to him in the last fifteen years families now have closure they have so desperately waited on ... Only time will tell how Morgan Edge has impacted the world."

Lois turned off the news, as she whipped up some breakfast for her boys.

Clark was in need, wife ordered bed rest and the twins hadn't woken up for school yet.

She was home now, finally.

After spending so much time away from home with her boys, her husband she was finally back.

It had been some time since Morgan had been detained and most of SmallVille had gone back to living in peace.

It was quite now more so than ever you could wake up to just the sound of the rush from a neighbouring farm instead of the hustle and bustle of the city.

Lois thought that was due to the fact that many people had to move away from the small town. Morgan wasn't employing people anymore so most of the workers who moved out to SmallVille because of their jobs had to leave and many of the long term residents were grateful to return back to the slow way of life.

Without looking down at herself Lois could tell that the marks she had sustained from her attack would scare but she didn't worry too much about that if anything she thought they made her look hardened or 'badass' as Jordan described them.

She let the swearing go that once.

A loud shuffling came from upstairs Lois plated up some of the breakfast she had made.

It was Clark who came down first dressed casually in a robe as he told Lois good morning as they sat together and ate drinking a cup of coffee between them.

He looked far too much his age, lips flexing under Lois' mouth as she gave him a peck.

They sat in silence not saying anything to one another as they looked up towards the ceiling, noise.

The twins were awake.

Lois looked at the counter where Jonathan had placed his prescription bottle the other day, she noted it wasn't as full as it should have been but brushed it off, the attack had left her vision worse for wear and blamed it on that.

Jordan came down second in a rush claiming he was late, he wasn't, eating like his life depended on it yelling a quick thank you to his mom before scurrying off to the car.

Then Jonathan came down quieter than his brother, taking his plate to go, shoving it into a container, before walking out behind his brother.

That was odd.

The pair left in the kitchen all alone were perplexed. It wasn't like Jordan to clam up like that unless there was a problem and there wasn't one.

At least to them.

Jonathan however had been acting quite differently since they moved to SmallVille, Lois thought it could have been his boyfriend or something teenager related, something Superman couldn't solve.

Clark always looked towards Lois who pushed him forwards before they both left the house.

They knew they could have given up driving the kids to school when Morgan was captured but it had become a part of her routine plus if they didn't do it then who would Jonathan, that was an accident waiting to happen and being Superman didn't pay for insurance or any bills for that matter.