[22] ● Utterance Of Brotherhood ●

~~~

CLARK, 

JORDAN & JONATHAN KENT

~~~

They were all in a large bus, like the ones you'd rent out for a school trip, with the reclining cushioned seats with weird patterns on them, to hide stains.

Clark, Jonathan, Jordan and the whole football team packed into a thirty seater bus, it was cramped and Jordan could think of fifty odd different places he'd rather be than on the road right now that including his therapist office from when he was twelve years old and that therapists office smelled perpetually of old people and dying hope.

Jordan wasn't sitting next to Jonathan, he was sitting at the back of the bus while their father, Clark, decided he would sit by Jonathan at the very front of the bus with all of the chaperones for the trip.

Jonathan didn't seem to be happy about that but didn't make a fuss about it knowing he didn't really have anyone but Jordan to sit next to anyways.

~~~

Clark looked awkwardly towards his son Jonathan who was strung out on the window next to him as Clark was sitting by the aisle seat, Clark wondered if he should talk to Jonathan about it all.

About Edge, the note.

Clark knew he should.

But he couldn't bring himself to, it was like him knowing the truth was worse than him speculating about it.

Like the confirmation would make it all a reality.

Clark noticed Jonathan looked tired, he wondered whether the bags of sleep under his eyes was a result of what information Edge had against him.

It was the same look he had in the car recently when Clark was taking him to and from school.

So bothered yet unbothered at the same time.