[26] ● Isolation Is So Contrarian ●

~~~

LOIS

LANE

~~~

It had been dark when Lois first got the call from Clark, with the cloud settled heavily in the sky.

"Did you take Jonathan home?" Clark had asked her over the phone.

Causing Lois to hang up before Clark had a chance to hear her answer.

"No"

Lois had tried to call Jonathan multiple times already texted him again and again before giving up and calling Clark back.

He didn't know where Jonathan was either.

That didn't worry Lois, we'll it did but she wasn't in panic yet when she overheard Jordan while on the phone to Clark saying that Jonathan chose to walk home however it did shake her a little.

Why didn't Jonathan bother to call and ask her to pick him up?

Was it the girlfriend she still was yet to be introduced to?

It wouldn't have taken Lois much to drive to the school.

So why didn't he?

Lois thought while in her car driving along the path Jonathan and Jordan took home from school when Clark or Lois couldn't pick them up with her head light on.

Shining into the darkness.

Lois held off the worst of her thoughts staving off vivid images of Edge and the bodies of his victims.

Anita Malkovich first came to mine, her ribs splayed open like wings.

Then Mark Johnson whose body had started most of her action towards Edge, sure before she had her gripes with the man but for the most part it was because he was a big business mogul before the image of him in her mind turned to a one of terror.

And finally the puddle of mush that was Martha and Bill Steward's, whose love for each other saw them together even in death.

The thought of Jonathan again popping into Lois' head.

~~~

Lois shook her head looking once.

Twice.

Then back again towards the sidewalk that she was driving past.

Seeing nothing but Bush and cement, Lois drove faster.

Lois was in panic mode.

Her hands gripping the wheel willing her eyes to both focus on the road and the sidewalk at the same time darting back and forth between each.