[16] ● Marquess Musing ●

~~~

JONATHAN

KENT

~~~

'What did Jordan want?'

Jonathan ran his hands through his hair.

'It wasn't like he had wanted to follow me around unnecessarily again, well maybe it's not so unnecessary'

'... With Edge still around and all.'

'God, I should have told him'

'But I don't what to worry him'

Jonathan from his place laying in his bed.

Thought back on the time when he had told Jordan about his unfinished work from school that had been stock piled over the summer holiday back in sixth grade and how it had sent Jordan into a panic.

Leading to his brother bothering Jonathan about getting it done for a whole week, before there parents had found Jordan curled up under Jonathan's bed with all of his homework done, in messy scribbles, for his brother.

So Jonathan decided not to tell his brother, for now.

Jonathan knew he couldn't tell Jordan.

Just like that sixth grade summer.

Jordan would find a way to get whatever Jonathan was keeping from him.

Out of Jonathan.

As it was just the question of sooner or later, not really whether or not Jordan was going to find out.

So Jonathan shook the thought of Jordan and his ever inquisitive mind wanted, away.

Going back on his previous actions earlier that night.

'Did I make the right decision?'

Jonathan had thought so at the time, writing in swirly handwriting, leaning up against his grandfather's car.

Sharing a part of what Edge had done to Finley.

'What did Edge even want? With him'

'Doing all that shit. Finley said something about a "science experiment". But for what outcome? His own pleasure?'

Not that he knew the full extent of it.

Providing information to his grandad would not only allow for leniency from his grandfather.

Who above all valued compliance and knowledge when the time came for Finley to be exposed Edge's wrongful actions to the world.

Well maybe not the world Jonathan.