[23] ● Tale Of Two Assailants ●

~~~

MORGAN 

FINLEY 

EDGE

~~~

~~~ FLASHBACK ~~~

Finely didn't think this would be how things would end, at least not this quickly.

He thought before all this - seeing Morgan at his worst - that he would live a full life.

And sure he didn't think Morgan would financially support him forever once he became no longer the charity case or had chubbed cheeks he could strut around at events with but Finley thought he'd get to go to college or become something more than just his relatively ordinary life.

Finley just thought he'd have more time.

When Morgan first put Finley in the bathtub it was dry not now though, not now.

Red was all Finley's vision would allow him to see not the kind of red that was filled with love and exiting and warming like love but angry red that was like a natural disaster, like a tornado moving in on a small town decimating the land leaving nothing but unfulfilled hope and destruction in its wake.

One of Morgan's hands came and covered Finley's eyes gripping at the sides of his head as though Morgan was a wonky bandana that had fallen past Finley's eyes.

Finley could feel the water around him slosh and rise filling his ears and making his struggle against the hands holding him under harder.

His shoulders screamed from where Morgan had already pulled them out of their sockets, but that thought was pushed to the back of his mind, adrenaline taking over dulling his pain.

In contrast to the cold motels water Finley's forehead brooding with hot sweat.

Finley's clothes were wet, dragging him under.