[28] ● Rhythm Of Insurgence ●

~~~

FINLEY

~~~

Separating himself from Jonathan was easier said than done.

Finley wondered if his decision to leave Jonathan was the right one, but he knew going back now wouldn't help anything, if he was wrong the damage had already been done and if he was right ... Well Finley needed to start to give himself more props, a pat on the back if you will.

Finley decided to leave his truck somewhere else for a change; there was only so many times a person could be seen in the same vehicle before people started to associate that item with them.

So Finley walked home, his hoodie and scarf wrapped around his neck and hiked up to his noise.

The rain was light but bothersome on his way home.

He spent his time trying not to think of Morgan the sudden reintroduction to him being in his life though Jordan made his palm sweaty and his body pump fill of adrenaline.

It got to the point where Finley couldn't walk straight, bouncing on his heels and taking all sorts of unnecessary twist and turns.

Shaking the memory of Morgan's cold stiff hands at his neck having to use his pointer finger to ring out his ears as the unpleasant feeling of them being stuffed full of water came back to the surface of his mind.

Finley wanted control again his pessimism was great he would have thought on any other day, though this time around he found himself agreeing with Jonathan, his negative way of twisting situations was flawed and without a doubt not helping him.

Walking towards his front door pulling open the jammed door, the sign on it reading the Greenway Court Apartments swung off and landed on the floor as Finley slammed the door behind him.

Walking up the multiple flights of stairs, Finley didn't go out of his way to waste his time, skipping steps and avoiding the hand rails.

Finley didn't bother to lock the door behind him as he entered his apartment; there was little use for doing so anyway, just closing it behind him.

Tripping over candle stands that remain unlit, the only thing guiding him being his memory.

Drawing a bath, lying back and submerging his head.

Finley revelled in the cold water stinging at his skin opening his eyes underwater staring at nothing in particular hoping that Jordan would be okay.

If not for Jonathan's sake but for his own.

~~~

It took a while for Finley to calm down after that forcing air into his long before deflated lungs, then submerging himself again, thinking that it was time to get some rest for the first time in a day.