[10] ● Siesta In The Aubade ●

~~~

THE KENT'S

LOIS
~~~

Lois knew that she needed to place a voice to her opinions.

Even when her reputation.

Dealing with high profile cases.

She knew her title as an investigative reporter could only get her only get so far in the era of striking down old style print, to replace it with blogs and social media personnel, sure she was famous to her writing colleges but outside of that circle she needed to make her mark, yet again.

Ergo her meeting with Chrissy, the town's local news reporter.

Due to the multiple signs outside that read 'help wanted', among the seemingly endless 'EDGE MISSING' posters that had been pasted onto the window from inside Chrissy's office.

"I saw that there was an opening available" Lois looked towards the only person in the shop, a disorderly room greeting her.

"Ya, let me just get you an ... application form" Chrissy, whose face was outlined by a Sharp Bob cut, didn't look up, her hands shuffling through stacked paper.

Chrissy eventually found the form that she was looking for and looked up handing the paper to Lois hand stilling in the air.

"Your Lois Lane" Chrissy's voice was upturned, her face warping into surprise.

"Ya I am, can I get that form?" Lois' hand came out and took the form from Chrissy's outstretched hand, going to grab a pen from Chrissy's cluttered desk.

Writing her name and number on the sheet.

~~~

Over the next couple of days Lois and Chrissy developed a pattern together.

Them first coming together at the start of each day to discuss leads, today's being Morgan Edges plans and how they came in conjunction with the mines just outside of SmallVille's border.

Then they would go their separate ways with Lois going to a scheduled interview or two that she had tried to get arranged with Morgan Edge, since coming to SmallVille.

With Chrissy staying at the office, one organises the place more as it had looked like a dump when she had brought it and to start to put together the article, compiling and gathering the information that Lois would bring back, after her excursions.

Chrissy to Lois seemed to be a person who was stressed in nature and consistently willing to let Lois take charge at work, even though the office was truly her own.

Lois could work with that, but felt as though she was taking advantage of Chrissy's timid personality, so settled mostly on sticking to herself.

When it came to decision making Lois automatically decided to share the 'Morgan edge' stories 'by line' with Chrissy instead of going back and forth with her about it.