[09] ● Rampant Paranoia & Bibliosmia ●

~~~

THE KENT'S

FAMILY HOME

FAMILY HOME

~~~

Ever since the night that Jordan's grandpa had told him and Jonathan about the apparent danger they might find themselves in.

Jordan could barely eat without the food in his mouth tasting like ash, consumed with worry.

Even his steps became more heaver the house's foundations creaking whenever he took to be standing in the same place for a long period of time.

Jordan's outward display of concern stemmed from the fact that his brother didn't possess the same superpowers that he had, the ability to defend himself, now Jordan knew Jonathan wasn't helpless, just the fact that he was simply human in strength made Jordan ill with worry.

Jorden not having gotten a good night's sleep in the week, his eyes having taken a dark hue underneath them, since finding out that his brother could be abducted and killed, never to be seen again at any time.

Every Time he tried to lie down, it seemed as though it would let his mind have another opportunity, to remind Jordan of all that could, happen to his brother if he slept.

Leaving his vulnerable and loyal brother to his own devices, Jordan know that if anything were to happen during the night, Jonathan wouldn't dare to call out for help and put anyone else in the house in danger.

Jordan knew that his father wouldn't let Jonathan, or anyone in town, be kidnapped from their home, but his anxious paranoia had won out over Jordan's reason, much like it had a tendency to do before he had moved to SmallVille.

It was hard seeing Jonathan go about his life with no caution at all, coming home after dark and having taken recently to disappearing out of nowhere, giving Jordan no inclination of how long he would be gone for.

It got to a point where Jordan was so high strung, that his father had cornered Jordan during one of their training sessions in the barns basement and asked him whether or not he thought, he had new powers coming in.

"Jordan, I know you have been feeling differently lately ... with your powers and all '' Clark had stopped holding the sandbag, it swung as Jordan, who had no warning of his father's abandonment from his post, continued swinging at the sandbag.

Apparently Jordan's on edge behaviour was replicating how Clark had acted in his teen years, the loss of a proper sleep schedule and the resistance to eating full meals and all that jazz, before gaining his flight.

"This isn't that dad" Jordan shook his head at that stating it was his usual anxiety.

Clark at that had frowned, noting that since coming to SmallVille Jordan's mental issues had faded into the background, dimming, his power freak-outs seeming to take more priority in his son's mind.