[20] ● The Subject Of Identity ●

~~~

MORGAN 

EDGE

~~~   

~~~ SEVEN AM ~~~

Morgan was sitting in his office chair yet again but this time with his two trusted dogs by his side each sat by one of his legs under his desk.

Their previously golden dusted coats being brushed thoroughly out leaving slightly dishevelled dark hair in its place.

His eyes were strained focusing on the paper work surrounding his desk.

Pulling back from his work, Morgan sat his pen down.

Stroking his hands though both his dogs' heads, their noise tilted up towards him, expecting an order of some kind from Morgan.

There was none. 

Looking down at them, Morgan was snapped out of his calm state by a bumbling assistant passing his office doors, the glass revealing that they had tripped and spilled some papers.

Morgan had almost forgotten where he was, his office, opaque to the outside world.

Looking at the man who scrambled to pick up his mistake Morgan looked at the man's long red hair, it reminded him of his first successful projects.

Anita Malkovich.

'I hoped Lois had enjoyed the gift I left in her office'

But by the fact that there had been no news coverage of the incident as of yet Morgan had assumed that the D.O.D. had managed to find Anita before Lois did.

'That's rather unfortunate, I had hoped the woman would learn to mind her own business by now'

Edge touched his salt and pepper stubble that rubbed like sandy friction against his hands.

'But then again Lois Lane has never in my experience been one to cower to threats'

~~~ RING ~~~

'I really didn't want to bother with my other plans for her and her children if it comes to it, but it appears now I have to'

It was his phone.

~~~ RING ~~~

Edge patted down his suit.

The sound was coming from his desk.

~~~ RING ~~~

The office phone.