[11] ● Incident Of Hunger ●

~~~

THE

MINES

MINES

~~~

An overhead shot of an unfamiliar landscape off the horizon of the edge of SmallVille came into focus, in the the distance a barren patch of land was highlighted by meny hi vis jackets and vests some yellows and others oranges in colour.

A mine worker not clad in bright obnoxious colours sat in an office trailer shifting through a phone book holding a corded office telephone in their hands.

"And you're sure you haven't seen him" The one sided conversation could be here all throughout the complex.

"No i'm sure he isn't here, he always clocks in when he comes in ... hold on a moment"

Many of the other workers had stopped working there gloves being taken off and there hard hats being swapped for there gossip ears there bosses words intriguing them

Removing the phone from their ears, holding it towards their shoulders, pulling the cord of the phone to its full extent leaning out of the dust trailers door, yelling.

"Has anyone seen Mark no not Mark Smith ... Mark Johnson today"

At getting nothing but a few short shakes of heads, the site manager pulled the phone back towards their face.

"Have you tried calling him? ... Cynthia listen to me ... Cynthia, have you tried calling him since last night" At hearing the positive reply the worker then went on to say.

"And He didn't answer" The manager's head nodded, realising that Cynthia (Marks wife) couldn't see their actions, then went on to say.

"Ok We'll get back to you if we hear from Mark ... yes Cynthia I promise that I will see to it that he gets pulled out of whatever gutter or bar he's found himself in" Putting down the phone returning to their desk the worker had only assumed that Mark was running extremely late, due to some drunken mishap like the month prior.

~~~

THE CUSHINGS

SARAH