[25] ● Levelling The Playing Field ●

~~~

MORGAN 

EDGE

~~~  

It was six in the morning, the birds in the sky had only just begun to sing their tune and dawn had just peeked on the horizon and the air was unusually cold for SmallVille's usually warm climate, the winds almost forcing Morgan to stiffen his stance.

He stood alone off the side of a road.

He knew this is where his target often drove having to go to and from school and work everyday this popular street, it was perfect.

All Morgan had to do was wait for the inevitable to happen, was it a bit early?

Sure, but it pays to be prepared.

There weren't many cars, only the few odd ones from people that had jobs that forced them out of their houses at ungodly times.

That would work in Morgan's favour uncaffeinated adults had the worst memories especially when occupied on not causing a roadside accident no one would remember him being here at least not enough to which they could accurately describe him to the authorities.

It was seven o'clock the sky had turned a light blue shade inviting those with reasonable work hours outside Morgan even hired roosters to begin their calls from nearby animal farms.

Morgan wouldn't have to wait much longer, he bet to himself as he from his place at the side of the road hired the quiet shuffle of SmallVille's residence beginning.

The school run was starting soon.

Morgan didn't want to take more than one of them and for that he lucked out only seeing one of his wanted targets driving to work it seems the man wife had gotten the fortunate chance to take their children to school that day.

Morgan couldn't decide whether the woman was lucky or misfortune not to have a chance to be a part of his reformed world.

Morgan didn't bother with pleasantries when he saw the man in his car driving down the side of the road he just stepped out in front of the mans car.

With light toes of course Morgan didn't have to explain to the man how he had managed to tare his car in half with his body.

And thus subsequently Morgan fell to the floor staging his disorientation Morgan kept his head to the floor and didn't move letting out performed groans of pain.

The previously in motion car screeched to a halt just after the coalition.

A rough looking man with a salt and pepper stubble on his face stepped out of the car in a rush shooting obscenities with his phone to his ear.

Assumedly dialling 'nine one one'.

Morgan battered the phone away from the man's hands, hanging up the phone for him.