𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟸𝟷

Marshall's POV

Abis annoying ass had finally left. Melanie and her told me about the article that was posted about us. I had told Paul about it the night it happened and he told me he handled it but I guess someone had more shit on us. Paul told me he would handle it now though.

I held Melanie in my arms on the her couch in the dimly lit living room, she was focused on her TV that was playing what I like to call absolute fucking trash. I honestly can't understand how she can watch shit like this. It's straight up just botched bitches who have a somewhat good amount of money bitching about who did what to them or why this is happening in their lives.

Again it's absolute fucking trash.

Holding her I had been playing with this ring on her ring finger. It had a sliver band and a diamond in the middle of it with little diamonds circling around it. It almost like an engagement ring.

I hope she doesn't have a husband I don't know about.

I've always seen her wearing it. She wears it all the time, she barely ever takes it off. And it's not no cheap ring that you could just buy with pocket change it's real and it looks expensive.

It's always made me wonder if someone from her past gave it to her. She never told me about any of her exes or her schooling, even her childhood she hadn't told me one detail about it.

I had told her almost everything about how my childhood had went. I told her about how I moved all the time, how I switched schools two to three times a year, all that shit. But she hadn't told me how hers was.

I've never been able to figure out if she had a bad childhood or what. The only thing I knew about was that she had a brother and a sister with a son who was a teenager.

She didn't talk about her family either. You never know what can be going on or what had gone on in someone's life even if you think you know everything about them. I know I don't know everything about Melanie. I want to though.

I spun the ring until the diamond was on the top of her finger.

"Why do you always where this ring?" I asked running my finger over the band of it.

She pause the TV and turned to me to where I could look her in her light green eyes. The eyes I could look at for forever.

"This old thing?" She asked looking down at her finger. "It came from my mom along time ago." Her expression was blank but I could tell it wasn't some 'old thing her mom gave her'.

"What's the story behind it?" I asked picking over her hand to look at the diamond more deeply.

"It's um." She hesitated to speak and tell me then her mouth closed shut.

She went to speak again but nothing came out.

"Come on. You know you can tell me."

Her eyes looked puffed up like she was almost about to cry. She had a look on her face. A look on her face that was saying she doesn't want to talk about it. Her light green eyes looked into my blue ones, I've never loved someone's eyes so much. Then she began to speak.

"When I was twelve." She swallowed "my dad, he was diagnosed with kidney cancer and it was aggressive. Me and him were really close."

I wipped the tear running down her check off.

"He passed away six months later. Then it was just me and my mom, she ended up losing her job, even though she had a shitty job, she was still upset about it."

I don't know what to say, it kills me that she went through shit like this. I never knew my dad and I don't know if I ever wanted to.

She started to speak again. "Before my dad had died though him and my mom never had a good relationship, I always had these sleepless nights and I remember the screaming from my mom, she had a drinking problem, but my dad loved her so he wouldn't leave her because she would get sober for a couple months and she made it thought everything was okay."

Her eyes were red from trying not to cry. The only thing I can do right now is hold her and listen to her.

"But when my mom lost her job she didn't have any money, and all the money that my dad had left in his inheritance was all left to me and not my mother."

Im in shock. I don't know how to comfort something like this. I think the most I can do is just listen to what she has to say.

"The inheritance I couldn't have until I was older though so I wouldn't end up with the money until I was 18. But when it was just me and my mom we lost our house and everything we ever had. The one thing my mom didn't loose was her bottle of Jack Daniels and the engagement ring my dad had given her" She sighed.

I could tell in a way she didn't want to talk about it. I can obviously tell why it's just that I can't believe what had happened to her. You would think anyone as witty and sarcastic as Mel is they wouldn't have any trauma.

"She ended up losing me and when she did she gave me the ring. I got switched through foster homes for years. Not the best ones either. But then I got taken in my Jack and Renee and I ended up staying with them."

A tear rolled from her eye down to her cheek and slowly moved towards her chin. I wiped the tear and looked her in those green eyes. They're so fucking perfect. Fuck everything about her is perfect. I love everything about this woman.

"When I turned 18 I finally got the inheritance. I used it for my college. But a few years ago my mother out of the blue some how contacted me and asked for money. She had told me she had this piece of shit boyfriend who left her with nothing and she needed more boozes. And that just killed me to know that she hasn't really changed to much from what she use to be."

It makes me fucking sick. Absolutely sick. A parent shouldn't do that if they care for their child. My own mother tried suing me I know how it feels.

She buried her head into my shoulder and squeezed me tightly. She's so strong, maybe not psychically but mentally.

I wrapped my arms around her back and ran my fingers through her long blonde hair. I heard her sniffles from her crying.  I love her. I fucking love her so much.

"Mel." I rubbed up her back but she didn't respond. "Melanie."

She bought her head up from my shoulder and looked at me in the eyes while running her hand down the side of my face.

"I love you."

A/N: y'all probably mad at me for leaving it on a cliff hanger. But I don't care you have to wait until next week. :)