Chapter 9

682'S P.O.V

   After they had dragged Y/n away my cell felt all to quiet,
          to cold,
               to boring,
                     to... lonely....

   'Damn it I've gone soft for that thing!' I angrily thought. But then I rethought that original thought. 'If I've gone soft on her, then she will be used against me.'

   That angered me more slightly. If I were to break out again they could use her against me. Unless... I took her with me? No. Caring for her would slow me down.

   "682. Y/n will be back within two hours." The speaker boomed. I growled in response. I knew they would return her soon to record things. That's just how it works.

   Experiment after experiment after experiment. And unless try after useless try to destroy me. It was annoying. And painful. Even if I'm indestructible I still feel pain.

   I was just gonna sleep some more. There is nothing else to do. I'll wait for Y/n to be brought back.

It was hard to fall asleep. Which was not exactly unusual, but this time was. I was worried? Anxious? Excited? All three? This was new, and I didn't know if I liked it or hated it.

I finally fell asleep a few minutes later.

Y/N'S P.O.V

I was brought to a shower. It surprisingly had warm water, and the guards waited outside of the room for me to finish.

I was given fresh clothes, a hair brush, a toothbrush with some toothpaste, and soap! I was skeptical but I needed to shower badly, and gave barley any thought to it.

Once I finished my shower I dressed in the new cloths. These ones were just as uncomfortable as the last pair to no surprise. I brushed my hair, and my teeth. I then used the toilet, and took care of my business. Washed my hands after too; I might be in a prison like place but I was still gonna be hygienic!

I walked out of the bathroom-ish like room back to the guards who took me to a new place. Looked like a kitchen of some sort? Must be where they make our food. I saw a cafeteria full of guards.

"Um... shouldn't I be getting something to eat?..." I asked one of the guards escorting me. He was definitely a male. 6'2". Colored skin.

He looked at me. The visor of his helmet blocking his eyes, and his mask shielding his face from my view.

"You are gonna get something to eat, from the guards cafeteria. Scientist guy wants to give you 'special treatment' because of your 'bond' with 682." He answers. He looked strait back ahead.

"Ah... okay..." I kept quiet after that. This was weird. And I mean fucking weird.

"I don't understand why he is giver her special treatment tho. Oh well she made friends with that piece of shit creature. What's so cool about that?" The other guard asked. He was annoying as hell. He sounded to be in his 50's maybe 60's. Was you classic old, bitchy, white man.

"No one has survived being in a cell while 682 is awake for longer than seconds. She lived a whole night, and was snuggling the creature. She could be useful." The nicer guard answered.