(2)3: Back-to-Back

The sound of steel could be heard one early morning in the Beacon Academy gymnasium. The sheer speed at which it was doing so was astounding. It was like listening to a snare drum made of sheet metal playing the most chaotic and incoherent beat, and yet even still, it was music. It was a beauteous melody only those trained in the art of melee combat, the clashing of blades.

In the middle of this frenetic combat zone, an intense training session is currently undergoing between team JNPR and Boboiboy. Lightning was facing off against Pyrrha in a sword fight, Earth was defending against Nora and Jaune, and Water was doing yoga with Ren. Overseeing all this was an unexpected figure being Professor Papa Zola.

Zap went Lightning as he uses his element's ability to perform rapid bursts of movement to escape getting overwhelmed by Pyrrha yet again. Instead of charging after him, Pyrrha uses the time to change stances as she remarks, "You know, a tactical retreat is good and all, but you must also learn to stand your ground in that form, Boboiboy."

Lightning, slightly annoyed by this comment, grunts before brushing himself off and leaning on his sword like a cane. "Do I though? Isn't holding down the fort more Earth's or Wind's style?"

To this rebuttal, came a near-instantaneous chastisement in the form of a wooden ruler too fast for even Lightning to dodge. It was a wonder how that projectile only managed to produce a light sore on Boboiboy's body when it dug into the concrete post-bounce.

"Ayuyu, my dear student... she is right on the money there Boboiboy. Remember every battle you've fought where you had to fight as Lightning or Thunderstorm against another skilled weapon user? Captain Kaizo? Captain Borara? Adada? Each time you tried you would always get knocked around quite a bit."

"Eh? You weren't even in half those battles?" Questions Boboiboy lightning after realization dawned on him.

"Well, I watched all the seasons and the movie of-" Papa Zola explains before cutting after finding out he was going on a tangent. He dramatically swings his hand as if to slap away the diversion to his point.

"That doesn't matter! What matters is the here and now!"

Lightning Boboiboy rolls his eyes, replying, "Whatever. I can just split to cover my weaknesses."

"AND WHAT IF YOU CAN'T HUUUUH?!" Papa Zola screams out with even more flare and now actual vitriol in his voice.

With a groan to let his teacher know what he thought, he begrudgingly raises his sword to face Pyrrha once more.

Seeing his cooperation, Papa Zola nods with a smile of approval only to seemingly summon another ruler to chuck it at Water Boboiboy to stop him from snoozing when he was supposed to be meditating currently.

"Ayuyu... that hurts Mister Papa..." whines out the water element before rubbing the sore area of his head. "I don't want you slacking off in that form like you nearly did against Boboibot!" Ren nods at Papa Zola in appreciation as both boys continue.

Off in a different part, Nora and Jaune were currently fighting against Earth Boboiboy, with Jaune having to dodge or block rocks getting shot at him while Nora and her Alter were trying to bypass Earth's stone barrier with some success. Yet again, Papa Zola produces another ruler and throws it at the back of Earth's head, making him lose focus enough for Nora and Jaune to get in to swipe at him. With some quick thinking, he manages to barely dodge the attacks fast enough to hastily create another wall.

"Mister Papa! What was that for? I had it in the bag!" complained the normally level-headed Earth.

"In the bag you say? If it was in the bag, then how come you couldn't even defend against me HUH?!" Shouts Papa Zola from his seat before going "Ayuyu!"