8: Standing for What's Right

The very next day, Ms Goodwitch held a small sparring session in the Physical Education class. The match so far was Jaune Arc vs Cardin Winchester. However, instead of a fight, it was instead more akin to a one-sided beatdown where every strike Jaune lands merely bounced off of Cardin's mace. After two minutes or so, Jaune was left exhausted, barely standing with his sword, Crocea Mors as cane.

Cardin: This is where you lose.

Jaune: Over my dead body.

Cardin then uppercuts Jaune with his right fist and was about to bring his mace down, but was stopped by miss Goodwitch.

Glynda: Cardin, that's enough!

Cardin walks away as Ms. Goodwitch just sways her head slightly in disappointment.

Glynda: Students, as you can see, Mr. Arc's Aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament-styled duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle, and that the official may call the match.

Jaune still layed on the floor in defeat while his friends worriedly look at him. Glynda then looks at the losing warrior as he pulls out a smaller tablet with his low, blinking stats and that of his entire team.

Glynda: Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your scroll during combat. Gauging your Aura will help you decide when it's appropriate to attack, or when it is better to move to a more... defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf now, would we?

Cardin: Speak for yourself...

Boboiboy: Jerk...

Glynda: Remember, everyone, the Vytal Festival is only a few months away! It won't be long before students from the other kingdoms start arriving in Vale so keep practicing! Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale!

The bell rings, and students start leaving while Pyrrha continued to frown at Jaune. Jaune, sat on the floor, and hung his head in shame. Nora and Ren were also there with Nora patting Jaune on the head.

Timeskip to Lunch...

Now, team RWBY AND JNPR were sitting on their tables as Boboiboy walked around, selling Cocoa as usual. Nora then tells a story...

Nora: So! There we were, in the middle of the night...

Ren: It was day.

Nora: We were surrounded by Ursai...

Boboiboy then passes to Ren and gives him a cup of cocoa that had whipped cream and a chocolate bar stabbed into it.

Ren: They were Beowolves."

Nora: Dozens of them!

Nora screamed this as she stood on the table of both Team RWBY and JNPR, where Weiss is ignoring Nora and filing her nails while eyeing Boboiboy's watch from time to time, Ruby and Pyrrha are listening politely, and Jaune is messing with his food.

Ren: Two of 'em.

Ruby and Pyrrha then started to look at a distant Jaune, but Nora continues.