9: Scarlet Forest

A few weeks later within the bedroom of team JNPR...

Nora, in her alter form,  was reading a book on her bed as Ren was reloading his guns. However, Pyrrha looked out into the window with a gloomy face. Alter then looks on to Pyrrha.

NA: You're worried for him, aren't you.

Ren: Ever since, he started fraternizing with Cardin, his prescence has become quite scarce.

Pyrrha: Why aren't we trying to help him?!

NA: Believe me, I would, and I definitely could, but until he asks it himself, all I'd do is damage his self worth.

Pyrrha: It's just that I feel so...so...

NA: Frustrated? Angry? Helpless? Been there bud. Don't worry, he'll come around on his own.

Pyrrha: I just hope so.

Unknown to them, their leader was spying on them from the slight opening on their door. Jaune sighs from frustration of his current position as he just slumps down on the door.

Ruby: Hey, Jaune!

Cookies: Scraaaw!

This startled Jaune making him make a karate pose. He then turns around to see Ruby in her pajamas, as she giggles at his reaction.

Ruby: Long time, no see! Did you lock yourself out again?

Jaune: Oh, uh, nope!

He then almost drips his scroll, whoch he fortunately catches in time.

Jaune: Phew.

Ruby: So! Where have you been lately?

Jaune: I, uh...

He then hung his head down in defeat.

Jaune: I messed up. I did something I shouldn't have, and now Cardin has me on a leash, and Pyrrha won't even talk to me, and... *sighs loudly* I'm starting to think coming to this school was a bad idea.

He then gloomily slides down on the door.

Jaune: I'm a failure.

Ruby: Nope!

Jaune: Nope?

Ruby: Nope! You're a leader now, Jaune. You're not allowed to be a failure.

Jaune: But... what if I'm a failure at being a leader?

Ruby: Nope!

Jaune chuckles as Ruby joins him sitting on the floor.

Jaune: You know, you're not the easiest person to talk to about this kind of stuff.

Ruby: Nope! Jaune, maybe you were a failure when you were a kid... and you might've even been a failure the first day we met! But, you can't be one now. You know why?

Cookies: Scraw!

Jaune: Uhhh, because...?

Cookies:SCRAAWW SCRAW!

Ruby: Right, because it's not just about you anymore.

Jaune: D-did you just understand your grimm pet talk?

Ruby: That's not important. What is though is that you've got a team now, Jaune. We both do! And if we fail, then we'll just be bringing them down with us. We have to put our teammates first, and ourselves second. Your team deserves a great leader, Jaune. And I think that can be you.

She then walks over to her door and opens it as Jaune, now slightly inspired by her words, watches her wave.

Ruby: Have a good night, Jaune!