(2) 9 Is this the real life?

Running through the halls, Boboiboy sees his grandfather, whom he reaches out to.

"Tok Abaaa! Tok Abaaaaa!" He cries out to him, but the hallway expands abruptly, and he appears to always be just out of reach, no matter how fast he runs.

"Tok Abaaa!"

Boboiboy looks around and finds himself in his old race car bed. Holding his hands were a familiar pair of aged hands, which were connected to an even more familiar blue flannel shirt.

"Boboiboy!" The concerned old man shouts, "Are you alright?"

Boboiboy's eyes moisten as he looks up before he simply cries.

"I thought I'd never see you!" Boboiboy sobs on the old man's shirt, who only caresses his nape while hugging him.

"It was all a dream, my grandson." The old man consoles him. "You're alright now."

Boboiboy continues to cry for a bit more, and when it subsided, his grandfather told him, "Now come on, you have classes today." He then coaxes the boy up as he tells him, "You can tell me what the dream was about on the way."

"Alright." Boboiboy nods, still somewhat taken aback by such a vivid and long dream.

But Tok Aba was right—however crazy long that dream was, school still comes first.

With that, he reaches for the side of his bed to grab his watch and—

"Eh?" Boboiboy exclaims. "What happened to my watch?"

"What do you mean, Boboiboy?" The old man asks, befuddled at his sudden query.

"Where's my orange watch?"

"It's in the toy box, remember?" comes the old man's confused answer. He explains that "I gifted you that black watch because you didn't want to look like a kid anymore."

The old man waves as he tries to recall those words. "Something about your teacher telling you to be a Boboi "man" or something."

"Huh..." Boboiboy voices out his confusion.

He swears those thoughts were wrong, but the longer he looked at the black wrist watch, yeah, that made sense. While he knows he's the type to go out and help if the need arises, he also knows that he is content as he is.

After bathing, brushing his teeth, and putting on his clothes, he goes to breakfast only to see someone in the window.

"Ah! It's Aramugam!" Boboiboy exclaims happily.

"The one and only!" The stranger intones, getting closer to show himself as Boboiboy's self-proclaimed best friend, Gopa-Aramugam!

Tok Aba rolls his eyes as he says, "What are you doing here, Aramugam?" He continues, saying, "The shop doesn't open until much later."

Seemingly taking offense to this, Aramugam goes in and gives a side hug to Boboiboy, saying, "I'm not that scummy Tok Aba! I just want to hang with my best friend. That's all!" He looks away and quietly mutters, "I wasn't here to ask if I could have some of the morning cocoa or anything."

"I didn't even say anything about the cocoa." Tok Aba says, which makes Aramugam jerk in response before awkwardly laughing.

"Anyways, finish your food, Boboiboy." Aramugam says as he smacks Boboiboy in the back. "We need to arrive early!"

Aramugam then grabs Boboiboy by the arm before dragging him away, much to the orange-clad boy's annoyance.

"Wait, I haven't even taken a bite!"

They eventually find themselves in school, where Boboiboy shouts at Aramugam, "I told you I haven't eaten yet!"

The taller boy sheepishly chuckles as he reasons out, "Hehe, sorry, force of habit."