(2)2: I'm Back

Within the burning city of Vale, the sky turned nearly completely black from smog as a horde of grim rushed through the rubble. The exhausted teams RWBY and JNPR were on their last leg but defiantly standing up against the onslaught.

"Okay team... we can still do this... you four take on the... I think 200 on the left, and we'll take on the other side. Got it?" Ruby pants outs the command with as much gusto as her bruised and fatigued body could handle.

"Yeah... got it..." Weiss groans out as she forces her body to stand up, propping herself up using her rapier as a cane. "And you guys?" Ruby asks as she looks back at team RWBY's comrades-in-arms.

"We have no choice in the matter... do we?" Jaune mutters as he aims his shield forward.

"As long as there are things to hammer, hammerin's what we'll do." Nora declares as she takes a horse-riding stance with her hammer.

"Indeed," affirms a similar but much more professional voice next to her, showing Nora Alter standing next to her, holding a yellow version of her hammer.

With the affirmation of her comrades, Ruby then lets loose a vigorous speech as she stood in front of everyone else.

"Everyone else in Beacon... has fallen... we are the only ones left standing between the rest of the civilians and the horde of Grimm. We either win... or we WIN! That's our only chance here!"

With that, she turns around and stared almost-certain death in the eyes. Despite her rousing speech, her hands couldn't help but tremble both from the strain of extensive combat, but also fear. So much was riding on her shoulders here and she doesn't know if she could handle it. However, welcome relief came when her sister's hand reassuringly patted her back.

"We'll get through with this. No sweat."

She takes a deep breath once more and stares at the maws of thousands of malevolent monsters with the same defiance everyone else did as well as she makes a grasping motion on her face. Black and red energy forms in her hand before forming a half-mask on her face. "Cookies, come."

Her cape begins to billow in the wind as her shadow stretches into the shape of a raven before diving back into her shadow and forming a solid mass. The solid mass compresses until it resembles the vague shape of a giant bird below Ruby. White carapace quickly dots across the bird's back, forming boney armor which looks far more blunted than its contemporaries but is more in number. A pair of silvery eyes then open and with a loud caw, declares its position on the battlefield.

Cookies the Nevermore has entered the battle.

Ruby smiles at seeing her beloved liberated Grimm and pets its back before returning her sight to the enemies up at the front.

Soon, like a cowboy stand-off, both sides froze waiting for something to break the silence.

With the rolling of a tumbleZwei, she roars out, "CHARGE!" which seemingly activates both sides as nine Beacon students and their Crow mascot all rush headfirst against an overwhelming wave of darkness.

Battle was in full swing as both sides rushed with everything they got. Ruby swung and shot using Crescent Rose, Weiss created glyph after glyph to provide support as well as perform AoE damage, Yang went and brawled as she does, throwing her dust-empowered punches right at the Grimm blowing them either away or into smithereens, and Blake pulling what can only be described as blade mode.