(2) 7 After the Rain

Gasping awake at the hospital, Ruby looks around and sees that everyone involved was in the hospital ward. Right next to her was Yang covered in casts on all her limbs.

To the left of the two was Blake with a crutch, looking down at Sun who was strapped to a vitals monitor who has yet to awaken. Next to that bed were Neptune and Weiss with both looking over at their team mates with the same complicated expressions, the same... frustrated look. 

To the right were the ones who took the worst of the damage thus far. Boboiboy and Dove, both being nearly completely covered in casts with the older of the two even having to need a breathing apparatus.

And despite taking the brunt of the damage, two of them were awake. Yet both were equally dead silent. Actually, everyone was. Who could blame them? That whole thing was an ordeal physically, mentally, and even spiritually both literally and metaphorically.

From the expression on everyone else's face, she could tell that everyone awake was on the same boat as her. Lost and unknowing of where to even begin processing that experience...

However, as if like a sword cleaving through jelly, the oppressive silence is interrupted by the click and squeak of the door as three individuals enter the premises. Ms. Goodwitch, Headmaster Ozpin and finally, a third figure only Boboiboy is privy to the identity of. A black-haired man with a pale complexion, towering over everyone in the room wearing a striking white suit.

"Good evening everyone. I hope I found you well." Ozpin says in a warm tone as he stands to look at everyone.

Team RWBY give him a glance but then lowered their heads.

Glynda then speaks up with the tone a hysterical mom would give after finding out her children were playing in a construction site and got injured because the support structure almost gave out on them.

"Team RWBY, I hope you know that there will be consequences to this! Do you four know how reckless and irresponsible that was?! You all could have died!" An almost motherly concern bleeds out from the deputy headmistress's voice as she spoke out. None of the four spoke up in opposition. After all, she's right, and they know it.

"You four will be on probation for the rest of the school year! You will not be getting out of the school unless given authorization under myself or Sir Ozpin." Goodwitch continues her declaration.

This gets a rise out of Yang who complains, saying, "That's not fair!"

Goodwitch goes in to give Yang a piece of her mind but the large man then intervenes and tries to defend Yang.

"Let's not get too hasty with ourselves Glynda, surely-"

However, he is cut off by Ozpin, saying, "Actually, James, this is a decision I made after Mr. Xiao Long called me."

The man weakly tries defend his point, saying, "But they were just doing their duty as huntsmen should-" only to be cut off as Glynda argues, "Yes it is their duties, their duties when they graduate. As they are now, they caused more trouble than the good they did. Unnecessarily large collateral damage, multiple civilian injuries AND a few deaths, and the comatose of a student from Shade academy, not to mention the massive panic across the highway which only increased grimm activities."

While the three thought of contesting the teacher, as she listed the damages they caused, their will to fight back diminished rapidly.

"And if it weren't for the efforts of Boboiboy and Jaune contacting the police and us respectively, the damages could've been far worse."

Ruby then looks up before hesitantly asking, "S-so... what now?"

"Now... you take the time to recover, reflect... and ready yourselves." Ozpin then looks back at Boboiboy at the back before saying, "and you should also apologize to those you four involved in your escapade."