11: Shadows of the Past

After a weekend of searching, team RWBBY was still yet to find their teammate Blake. Boboiboy was even forced to use his triple split, yet, despite that, the black cat faunus remained ever elusive. Ruby wanted to use cookies but the sudden appearance of a nevermore, even a tiny one, would have been cause of unnecessary panic and riot. This was also the only reason Ruby wasn't allowed to fly around with her upgraded cloak either.

Ruby: BLAAAAAAKE!!

Yang: BLAAAAAAAAKE?!

Boboiboy Lightning: BLAAAAAAAKE! WHERE ARE YOOOOUU?! Earth, any sign of her?

Earth: Lemme see...

He then touches the ground, feeling through the earth to see if he could feel her footsteps.

Earth: Sorry, I can't find her. She is either on top of a building of either two stories and above, or she is on a bullhead. Sorry.

Meanwhile with Blake...

Blake: So, you reeeaally wanna know about me?

Sun: Finally, she speaks! Nearly two days and you gave me nothing but small talk and weird looks!

And right on cue, Blake gives Sun a weird look.

Sun: Yeah, like that.

Blake: *sigh* Do you... know about the White Fang?

Sun: Of course! I don't think there's a Faunus on the planet who hasn't heard of them. Stupid, holier-than-thou creeps that use force to get whatever they want. Bunch of freaks, if you ask me!

Blake: *sips tea* I was part of the White Fang.

Sun then chokes on his tea as he tries to digest the information given to him.

Sun: W-wait, wait, wait. What?! You were part of the White Fang?

Blake: That's right. I was a member for most of my life, actually. You could almost say I was born into it...

Blake then flashes back to a past memory where she ran up to her mother, Kali Belladonna, and her father Ghira Belladonna talking.

Ghira: I'm telling you Kali, this is going to work. We've made some headway already.

Both of them then kissed.

Kali: Be safe.

Blake(narrating): Of course, despite being promised equality, the Faunus were subjected to discrimination and hate. Humanity still thought of us as lesser beings.

Kid Blake: Mommy, mommy, what is daddy and the strangers doing?

Kali: You see honey, he is part of the White Fang.

Kid Blake: Oooh! What's that mommy?

Kali: You see baby, back then, humans and faunuses fought. But now that we stopped, some humans have started to discriminate us faunuses.

Kid Blake: But why?

Kali: Well aside from the war? I guess they don't like us having animal parts.

Kid Blake: Well, I'm gonna help change that! They will see we are awesome, animal parts and all! You'll see!

Kali: Sure you will honey, I'm sure you will. *kisses Blake on the forehead*

Blake(narrating): And so, the White Fang rose up as a voice of our people. And I was there.

Blake then flashed back to another memory. This time, it was her in the frontlines of a peaceful rally holding a sign upwards.