(2) 8 Sorting out messes

"Proceed ."

The doctor then nods as they begin to display various charts and an illustrated comparison between two bodies, one titled "avg. hunter" and the other being "test subject."

"Firstly, the sample donor, Boboiboy, possesses something never recorded before. An internal aura."

Ironwood scrunches up his eyebrows as he merely replies with, "elaborate."

"As we all know, the aura is the soul's energy projected outwards in such that it protects the flesh from harm while stitching up wounds it couldn't, yes?"

Ironwood nods beckoning the doctor to continue.

"Rather than act as a barrier, the subject's aura seems to weave into the flesh giving the illusion of heightened durability while only consuming a quarter of the energy. This also seems to boost the subject's muscles' durability giving off another illusion, non-semblance superstrength."

"Fascinating... But I assume there's more to it than just that?", the astute Atlesian asks.

"Indeed. Two more things actually."

The screen then changes to a different display now, this one showing the image of a single body diagram and a list of the body's data.

"The second one is something I find quite interesting. As you may know, a semblance is the expression of a soul that is wholly unique to itself. Similar it may be to others, like a fingerprint, no two semblances are fully the same."

"Yes. Go on?"

"However, with the test cells you sent for me, Mr. Boboiboy presents an interesting new conundrum in that his semblance, if it could be even called that, instead grafted onto his soul. But you know what's truly aberrant to it?"

"That 5 of those exist?" Ironwood decides to take a stab at the dark only for the doctor to become quiet for a while.

"No, 9. And wait, how did you know beforehand?" The doctor speaks using their synthesized voice.

"I... took a gamble based on what I've seen the boy do in Ozpin's record. The boy controls the elements of Nature like nothing I've seen. Way too powerful to be mere dust, and far too refined in his control to be a maiden. And now you tell me this boy possesses the abilities that could possibly surpass the maidens? This could be bad... I must inform Ozpin of this soon enough. But anyways, before I do, did you at least gleam what those grafted semblances were?"

The doctor proceeds to swap to a different slide which begins showing elements.

"Thus far, only 6 abilities have activated in the samples and all 9 semblances still have yet to fully awaken. The first 6 to activate are, in order, spiritual fission, electrokinesis, terrakinesis, aerokinesis, botanokinesis, and hydrokinesis. As for the next 3, there are pyrokinesis, photokinesis, and finally spiritual fusion."

"I see... If that's the case, then I have to hurry up then, farewell for now."

"Hey wait-" the hooded doctor tries to call out, but Ironwood was far too quick to exit the meeting. With a sigh, the hidden doctor looks at the third slide showing a display that showed Boboiboy's face side-by-side with that of a middle-aged man who shares a similar hairstreak as the orange-clad hero.

Below their pictures show their names, those being Boboiboy... and Amato and in between their names... were the words "DNA sequence match."

"Sir Ironwood, I do hope you pick up soon... this is a matter of international importance." The person says as he unveils his mask showing a man whose face is riddled with black dust rocks protruding out of his cheek like cancer.