Chapter 34

"Your Majesty, the almond milk tea is here." Bai Xian carried a tray with a bowl of almond milk steaming on it.

Jin Yang took a sip of the milk tea. He felt the taste wasn't bad, the faint almond suppressing the smell of milk. It also had a faint sweetness.

After drinking the milk tea in one go, Jin Yang took the cup a palace attendant handed him, rinsed his mouth, and then used a handkerchief to wipe his mouth. "County Princess Changyan's milk tea also tastes like this?"

"Yes, Your Majesty, this milk tea was made based on Kangquan Palace's method." Bai Xian handed the empty bowl to an eunuch behind him and whispered, "It is late; do you think..."

Jin Yang was still thinking of the memorandums but thinking of his mother-empress and junior's concerned gazes, he thought and then said, "Bring over some of the travel books Zhen was reading. Zhen will sleep after reading for a while."

Bai Xian was reassured. After finding the books for Jin Yang, he stood silently at the side.

In less than an hour, Jin Yang put down the books and said to Bai Xian, "Summon servants to serve me."

Bai Xian clapped quietly, and the palace attendants and eunuchs walked in, helping Jin Yang wash and preparing the bed.

Carefully taking the jade coronet from Jin Yang's hair and putting it gently into the box, Bai Xian faintly felt that starting today, the world would change greatly.

"Bai Xian, which family's young woman is worthy of being empress?" Jin Yang spread his arms. The palace attendant taking off his belt shook.

Bai Xian's hand stilled on the box, and he broke into a cold sweat. "Your Majesty, this servant is a lowly person, and doesn't have any opportunity to see the noble ladies."

"Really?" Jin Yang walked to the chair and sat down. He raised his feet and allowed the palace attendant to take off his socks. Then he put his feet into the steaming wooden basin. The hot water wrapped around his feet and his expression relaxed slightly. "I heard that people from the Sima Family came to see you a few days ago?"

"Your Majesty!" Bai Xian paled. He knelt with a thunk in front of Jin Yang. "This servant is guilty but did not give any information to the Sima Family."

Jin Yang glanced at him and did not speak, looking in silence at his insteps.

The spring night was still cold, but large sweat droplets appeared on Bai Xian's forehead. His forehead touched the ground. Listening to the sound of water, he didn't dare to speak or lift his head. His shoulders trembled. He hoped that the emperor, on account of the many years of friendship, would spare him this once.

After washing his feet, the palace attendants used good cotton to wipe the water from Jin Yang's feet and knelt on the ground to put a pair of soft cotton shoes for him.

Jin Yang stood up. Walking in front of Bai Xian, he looked silently at Bai Xian.

Bai Xian's entire body trembled minutely. He waited for a long time, but His Majesty did not speak, and turned to walk into the room.

"Your Majesty, Your Majesty." He moved a few steps forward, still kneeling, but was blocked by the silk drapes that were taken down. He could only kowtow towards the drapes.

"Your Majesty, this servant is loyal and doesn't dare to have any second thoughts. Please, Your Majesty." With just a few knocks, his forehead started bleeding. But he didn't dare to wipe it or lessen his force.

"You can leave." His Majesty's aloof voice came from behind the drapes. "Tonight, He Ming will serve."

Bai Xian felt a wave of bitterness but didn't dare to speak. He respectfully kowtowed again. "This servant... bids farewell."