Chapter 94

In the twelfth month, it was the coldest time of the year. Old Zhao shuddered as he wrapped his worn clothing around him, and went to the door with a shovel to clean away the snow.

The guards at the gates recognized Old Zhao. Seeing him with his head shrunk back, they teased him.

Old Zhao was not angry, and responded with a smile. This was the capital suburbs, and a snowy day. These guards stood guard over the gates of this estate that no one ever entered or left. There was no meaning. Teasing him a bit was not a big deal.

After the guards finished teasing Old Zhao, they helped him shovel the snow. They were those who had not done well in the capital, so they were sent here. No one cared if they watched the door or abided by the rules.

"I heard that Brother Chen spent two hundred taels of silver and was transferred to the Left Right Guards?" Guard A said with admiration, "If I had so much silver, I would follow him."

"Do not dream. He had the silver and the connections." Guard B shook his head. "Even if we had the money, we'd have no place to spend it."

Who did not want to transfer? They guarded this deposed prince, and there was no merit in it. When would they reach the end?

"Look, aren't there people coming from over there?" Old Zhao suddenly pointed in the distance, where it seemed there was a horse procession coming over.

The two guards looked up, and changed expressions when they saw this. Guard B threw away the shovel in his hand, and hurriedly said, "It is the imperial procession. Old Zhao, go and notify the other people in the estate to welcome the procession."

Old Zhao had never seen such a major event. He scrambled towards the estate, and notified the steward and the others.

##

Jin Yuan Qing heard a lot of noise suddenly come from outside, threw down his brush and frowned.

"Father..." His son Jin Liang panted as he ran in. "His Majesty has come."

Jin Yuan Qing looked down. A long time later, he said, "Push me out."

"Yes." They had been imprisoned here for more than half a year. There was none of the comfort they had had back in Prince Rui's Establishment. They had to do many things on their own. The past of being surrounded by servants was like a dream.

##

"Your Majesty, we have arrived at the estate." He Ming looked at the desolate-looking estate, and pulled his clothing tightly around him. The wind today was bone-chilling.

Jin Yang wore brocade robes edged with white fox fur. Outside, he wore a silver rat jacket. When he stepped down from the carriage, he did not look like an emperor, but like an aristocratic young master.

But Jin Liang, who stood at the gates to welcome him, knew how vicious this seemingly gentle and kind emperor was.

"This commoner greets Your Majesty." A commoner had to kneel in front of the emperor. Jin Liang kneeled, the cold snow soaking through his clothing to his knees. He shuddered in cold.

"No need for such a greeting." Jin Yang stepped on the stone stairs. After entering, he saw Jin Yuan Qing sitting on the wheelchair, and the other members of the estate kneeling behind him.

Jin Yang lifted his head slightly.

He Ming saw this, and hurriedly said, "Rise."

Jing Yuan Qing looked up and saw the youth at the doorway. The other was dressed in white, while he was dressed in old robes and looked like a ball of mud in front of the other.