Chapter 38

"Today is for us to freely have fun. Everyone, no need for such courtesy." Jin Yang's gaze swept everyone before landing on Gu Ru Jiu. "Junior Sister came out to play but did not bring your horse?"

Gu Ru Jiu detected gazes falling on her from all around. She pretended ignorance and looked up at Jin Yang, saying, "I am just walking around with my good friends. We are not walking far, so we did not ride."

"That should be the way to admire the flowers." Jin Yang dismounted and threw the reins to the guards behind him. "Zhen also has such intentions. Would everyone be willing to accompany Zhen?"

Yang Chui Wen and the young masters of the Li Family naturally would not refuse. Gu Ru Jiu and the misses could only follow behind Jin Yang, looking very loyal to the monarch.

The young masters of the Li family were led by Li Huai Gu, but ever since Li Chu Rou's horse-riding accident, Li Huai Gu rarely appeared at the gatherings and his reputation was inferior to before.

Other people did not know, but the Li Family knew that the family had once had intentions of a marriage with the Gu Family. So when the young masters of the Li Family saw Gu Ru Jiu, they couldn't help but take a few glances at Li Huai Gu.

Jin Yang noticed the glances of the Li Family members. While he had suspicions, he did not show anything. He started to talk about different books and records, occasionally mentioning customs of local regions, and their governance. These young masters of aristocratic families were mostly educated and did not speak nonsense.

In terms of ability and talent, the aristocratic families were better than people who came from ordinary families. But these aristocratic family young masters cared about too many things, and were extremely self-centered. Jin Yang did not dare put them in important positions.

Among these young masters, Li Huai Gu and Yang Chui Wen were the most outstanding. After Jin Yang chatted for a while with them, he felt these two had extraordinary knowledge that surpassed the others'.

Gu Ru Jiu was listening to the lofty talks of these young masters and did not notice the dry branches under her feet. She slid and was about to fall. The moment she was falling, she only had one thought, this was so embarrassing.

"Miss Gu." Yang Chui Wen had been close to Gu Ru Jiu, so when he saw her stumble, he quickly reached out to help support her. After Gu Ru Jiu steadied herself, he pulled his hand back like a gentleman and took a step back. "Are you all right?"

"Thank you, I am fine." Gu Ru Jiu bowed gratefully to him. "Thank you, Young Master Yang, for your help."

"Just a minor thing. Miss Gu doesn't have to be so." Yang Chui Wen smiled gently.

Jin Yang turned back to look at the pair. Seeing the smile at the corners of Gu Ru Jiu's lips, he turned and took two steps back to walk in front of Gu Ru Jiu and block Yang Chui Wen behind him. "Junior Sister, are you injured?"

"I am fine." Gu Ru Jiu looked around, winked at him and whispered, "Your Majesty, don't ask. It's so embarrassing."

Seeing her act so childishly towards him, Jin Yang smiled. He reached out to help her take a few steps. When they were far away from the dried branch, he said, "Careful, do not fall."

Li Huai Gu looked thoughtfully at His Majesty and Second Miss Gu's actions. He turned back to look at Yang Chui Wen who had a faint smile without any unusual expression. He looked down and didn't speak.

The group did not walk far when Jin Yang spoke. "It rained a few nights ago. It is slippery here. Zhen will see Junior Sister back. Everyone, as you please." After finishing, he turned to look at Gu Ru Jiu. "Junior Sister, what do you think?"