Chapter 64

Bai Xian, Qiu Luo and the others in attendance heard the empress suddenly speak in jealousy, and immediately knelt in fright.

No matter how much the emperor loved the empress, it did not mean that he could accept the empress' interrogation. Bai Xian was not a real man, but he understood the temperament of a man. Most men would be angry when women asked this kind of question, and even become enraged. Also, the empress was asking the most noble man in the world.

The room was deathly silent. Qiu Luo worried the emperor would punish the empress, but didn't dare to lift her head. She hesitated for a moment, gritted her teeth and tilted her head. If the emperor attacked the empress, she could try and protect.

But when she looked, she did not see the emperor's angry face, but her lady pinching the emperor's cheek with her white hand. Her legs gave out, and she fell on all fours to the ground.

"Hiss—lighter, lighter." Jin Yang looked down and held Gu Ru Jiu's hand from pinching his cheek. He smiled fawningly. "Jiu Jiu, do not be angry—listen to me explain."

"Hmm?" Gu Ru Jiu raised an eyebrow and released Jin Yang's face. She sat back on the couch and pointed at the chair next to her. "This servant is willing to listen."

Hearing Jiu Jiu even use the appellation of "this servant," Jin Yang felt coldness go up his spine. With larger steps, he got to the chair and sat down. He smiled. "This matter is just an accident. How do you know... I have another person's fragrance on me?" He had smelled nothing at all. Where was there the smell of fragrance?

Bai Xian, kneeling at the side, sighed in relief. It appeared that if His Majesty explained this matter clearly, no conflict would occur.

But was this a bit ... the husband lacking prestige? He peeked up, and saw the empress look sideways at His Majesty while His Majesty was smiling fawningly. He immediately did not want to look anymore. He feared if he kept looking, His Majesty would kill him.

"Does Your Majesty not know that women have a natural and sensitive intuition about their men?" Gu Ru Jiu knew Jin Yang's habits. He did not like fragrance on his clothes. If he had any scent, then it came from her. As a member of the aristocracy, even though she was not skilled in fragrance, she understood it. She could detect even a hint of it.

Hearing the words "her man," Jin Yang's smile grew. He stood up and crowded near Gu Ru Jiu, but she pushed him away.

"Go change. You smell." Gu Ru Jiu poked his waist, and her expression eased slightly.

Regardless of how he got the fragrance on him, from Jin Yang's expression, he should not have been having an affair with another woman. She still had the ability to distinguish this.

"Okay, okay, okay, I will go change now." Jin Yang nodded and turned to go to the side chamber to wash and change.

Bai Xian and the other personal attendants immediately followed to serve him.

Purple Imperial Hall had a bath in the side room. An emperor of Great Feng who liked to soak in a bath had built it. The bath was tiled in white jade with constant hot water. This was a very comfortable bathing place.

After His Majesty ascended the throne, he was not interested in these extravagant luxuries. So the bath was rarely used. So the palace maids and eunuchs responsible for the bath gradually lost their status in Qiankun Palace. But the emperor seemed to have discovered the wonders of the bath after the empress married in. These maids and eunuchs finally had proper duties to do.

Jin Yang came out of the bath, dried off, and changed into new clothing. Then he walked in front of the full-size copper bronze mirror to neaten his clothing. Ever since his marriage, he stopped having palace maids serve him personally.