Chapter 54

"Please come this way." The eunuch leading the way guided Qiu Lier and Bei Duo Ke through the palace. The two didn't dare to look around, and followed behind the green-robed eunuch with bowed heads. They didn't say an extra word or take an extra step.

"He gonggong, the prince and princess of Li have arrived." The green-robed eunuch did not continue walking after he guided the pair to Purple Imperial Hall. He bowed to He Ming who was standing by the doorway.

He Ming nodded to Qiu Lier and Be Duo Ke. "Prince, Princess, please wait for a moment. This lowly one will report to the emperor and empress."

"Thank you." Bei Duo Ke hurriedly gave thanks. The other was just an eunuch, but a prince of a minor country like him didn't dare to offend a person like him.

He Ming smiled and raised his hands to the two before entering the door. His blue-robed figure quickly disappeared.

Bei Duo Ke hadn't expected His Majesty was really willing to meet them. He was both nervous and excited. He touched the state letter stored away and carefully pulled the corners of his clothes, hoping to show off his strength in front of the emperor.

Qiu Lier bit her lower lip and took a deep breath.

This was their only chance. They could only succeed, and not fail.

After a while, He Ming came out and bowed to the pair. "Prince, Princess, please."

"Thank you, Gonggong." Bei Duo Ke bowed to He Ming.

He Ming turned sideways to avoid the bow and then led the pair in.

The Purple Imperial Hall was the residence of the emperor, and built comfortably. As the siblings walked in, they increasingly felt this place was extremely exquisite, and even the floor tiles they stepped on were different.

Entering the inner hall, a faint fragrance appeared that made people feel relaxed.

Qiu Lier had once heard a palace maid say that Great Feng had many valuable fragrances, some of them even worth cities. She, as a princess of Li, was dumbstruck at the prices, and didn't even dare consider buying and using them.

The trio walked to a hall and stopped. Qiu Lier looked up and found a plaque hanging by the door. Written on it were the words "Meditation."

"Empress, the prince and princess of Li have arrived."

Qiu Lier heard the eunuch report like this and was curious. Was His Majesty the emperor not here?

Soon, a palace maid in green robes walked out with a smile. She had valuable vermillion hairpins and flowers in her hair, and wore a twisted gold and silk bracelet on her wrist.

"Your Highnesses, please come in."

Qiu Lier saw the other bow to her and hurriedly went forward to help the other up. While she didn't know the status of this palace maid, she was dressed grandly and could wear gold jewelry. This was definitely a high-ranking female official of the empress.

Stepping across the threshold with carved lotus patterns, Qiu Lier and Bei Duo Ke met the noblest woman of Great Feng. She wore a wide-sleeved dress with a faint plum pattern. Her hair was put up in a simple bun. The plum tasseled silver hairpins in her hair contrasted with her tender skin.

The empress looked very different than during the state banquet. Even her presence was much gentler.

"Please sit." Gu Ru Jiu saw the two seemed slightly awkward and had them sit down. Then she had palace maids serve them tea and pastries. "Just now, an official requested to see His Majesty, so he is not present here. Sit here for a while. Will you stay today and dine in Purple Imperial Hall?"