Chapter 93

"Wu shi, you shut up!" Li Guang Ji could no longer maintain his aristocratic demeanor, and walked next to Wu Li shi with an ashen expression, wanting to stop her from talking more. But just as he stood up, he was stopped by the eunuch behind him.

The doors to the imperial study opened. Several imperial dragon guards carrying blades came in. At the front was Gu Cun Jing, followed by Hu Yun Qi and Jin Xiang.

Seeing them enter, Li Guang Ji suddenly turned back to look at Jin Yang. No wonder such a fuss was made in the capital when a woman came out of nowhere to accuse him, like he had committed a great crime. So the uproar over the crime was false, and the emperor just wanted to suppress the Li Family.

Why did the emperor know all this? With Wu shi's means alone, how could she have gotten so much evidence?

Li Guang Ji stared at the things in Li Wu shi's hands, and watched as they fell into Jin Yang's hands. Li Family's outstanding reputation of nearly a hundred years had made countless people yearn and admire. Naturally, in that time they had also done a lot of dirty deeds. If these things were revealed, what awaited the Li Family was complete and utter ruin.

The Li Family may have lost everything because of Li Wu shi's actions. Li Guang Ji wanted to eat her flesh and chew on her bones. "Wu shi!"

Wu shi did not look at Li Guang Ji, whose face was twisted in anger. After handing the evidence to Jin Yang, she turned to look at Li Huai Gu. She had complicated emotions towards this son. Love, and resentment, but not much hate.

Her child had passed away from illness. Li Guang Ji wanted to compete against his other brothers for the position of the family head, so he secretly brought in the child that he had with his mistress. While she was unwilling, she silently endured it. After she gave birth to her daughter, Li Guang Ji gradually did not like to come to her courtyard. But he did not bring a concubine into the home, so she only thought that he was usually too tired, and needed to take care of himself.

Later, she learned that taking care of himself was a joke. He just wanted a good reputation, but was also lusty, so he had mistresses outside the home. Later, after an illness, he could no longer have children. She thought, with Huai Gu present, when her daughter married in the future, she would have a brother as support. Her son was dead, her husband a false gentleman. The only motivation for her to live was her daughter.

After her daughter was gone, there was no more significance.

"Mother..." Li Huai Gu saw Wu shi looking at him, and could not help but take a few steps forward. But thinking of what Li Wu shi had said, he hesitated.

"You are a good child. I did not treat you well in these years—do not hate me." Li Wu shi's legs faltered. She turned to Jin Yang and Gu Ru Jiu, bowing deeply. "Your Majesties, the Li Clan has done all kinds of wrongs, but Huai Gu was not involved. Please, see clearly."

Gu Ru Jiu felt slightly heartsore. Wu shi had maternal feelings towards Li Huai Gu, but Li Guang Ji was so bad that she was constantly reminded of the past, and even held hate towards an innocent person like Li Huai Gu. She glanced at Jin Yang and nodded. "Do not worry, this palace and His Majesty will investigate the truth."

"This is good." Seeing Gu Ru Jiu speak, Wu shi smiled in relief. She turned and said to Li Huai Gu, "Do you remember what I said to you back then?"

"This child remembers." Li Huai Gu's eyes were red, and his voice hoarse. "Do not be proud, do not indulge, do not be too happy, do not be too satisfied."

Wu shi nodded in satisfaction. Then she vomited a mouthful of black-red blood. She covered her mouth with a handkerchief, swayed, and then fell down.

"Mother!" Li Huai Gu went forward in shock, and took Wu shi into his arms. "Mother, what is it?"