06 - I expect you to behave.

It's the middle of the night.

After, finally, a real meal of chicken, rice and vegetables delivered via stormtrooper, you can't sleep. You can't stop thinking about that room. There may be something in any of those rooms to help you escape. If you just knew the passcode, you could get a weapon from the training area.

You toss and turn, your bare legs feel like heaven on the comforter but you still struggle to rest. Your stomach pain has mostly subsided but your ribs still burn. You'd decided to wear only pants and a tank top to bed, hoping Kylo wouldn't be so intrusive to walk in on you - though even if he did he'd already seen you in your underwear. Not that you want that to happen again.

That's it. You throw the cover off, edging toward the closets to grab shorts for your snooping. At your door, you think about how much noise it makes. It's a swoosh and a small beep from the tech, but you doubt that will wake Kylo up.

Fuck it. You press the button, and the door slides open, revealing the cold, dark hallway. Your eyes instantly dart to his door, convinced he's caught you, even though you haven't actually done anything... yet. But no, it's clear.

Light on your feet, you cross over to the training room, hovering in front of the pad with an apprehensive energy pricking at the back of your neck. Your rib pain flares up. This is such a bad idea.

You do it anyway, the door slides open and you slip inside. The room is dark and eerie, no lights are on because you don't know how to work them. The dummies look threatening in the shadows but you have to ignore it, edging to the weapon casing.

Here's the hard part. The code. You press the pad and the screen comes alive, the light causing you to squint. You try 29, then the numbers on the letters ABY (229) - thinking, if your memory serves, this was when the First Order was founded. You're either wrong, or that isn't the passcode, because it denies you with an irritating deep buzz.

Think! Think! You stand there in the dark, lit by the tech pads light, jittery with nervousness. You could try to pry the weapons from their hold, but you're sure this wouldn't work. It could set off an alarm, and that's the last thing you want.

Maybe the code is Kylo's birthday? You tread from foot to foot trying to figure out if you know it. You're sure you remember a day people were extra kind, or careful, with Leia. You just can't seem to find it in your mind. Fuck. You angrily input 12345, only to be denied.

Then, you remember. Kylo had gotten out two batons. You'd never ended up using them. Your head turns in the direction of the table where he'd put them down.

They're not there. It's beginning to look hopeless. Every second you're out here, you're risking getting caught and you need to make it count.

Kylo's lightsaber will be in his room. But his room has a passcode.

Your mind wanders to that hallway in the study/lounge room. Could it really lead to his bedroom? And if it does, do you really have the guts to sneak around Kylo Ren while he's sleeping, to steal his weapon?

You don't have much of a choice. You're fighting for survival. Or freedom. Either way, you owe it to yourself to try.

With shaky hands, you return to the hallway. You stand there for a minute, trying to decide if you're actually going to do this.

Oh God, oh fuck, fuck, shit, this is so stupid.

Your thoughts are riddled with obscenities as you pad through the empty lounge room. One light is still on, a side light of sorts. Your heart sinks, does this mean he's awake?

You try not to let it alarm you, deciding he could have simply just left it on.

But Kylo Ren, making a mistake? It doesn't seem likely.