30 - Subjective.

It would be far too dangerous to go strolling out there demanding information.

You have to back away from the door to get dressed, hoping that you don't miss anything important while you cannot hear them talking.

It's only a few minutes.

When you eventually conjure up enough courage to join the Knights, only Trudgen looks up to greet you.

He tilts his head in a nod, and with a sad twinkle in his eyes, mutters, "hey there, sweetheart."

"How is my favourite redhead?" You take the spare seat next to him, failing to mention he is actually the only redhead in your life. The leather of the chair is smooth under your palms.

Kylo is directly opposite you, lowly discussing the uses of pastillion ore with Vicrul. Despite his conversation, his eyes are stuck to your skin, drinking in your every movement with a near unreadable face.

You're reminded of Trudgen when you notice you haven't received a complaint about the 'redhead' comment.

T's hesitation gives something away that you're sure you aren't supposed to know. His lips are pressed into a thin line, and as he goes to speak, the look on your face must deter him.

"Spit it out." You sigh.

Trudgen ruffles his hand through his mullet, the curly red hair scruffy under his heavy paw. His jaw is tenser than you'd ever expect from him, his general attitude of carefree arrogance tending to soothe over any worries.

"I'm not supposed to say." His words are clipped as he scans the rest of the Knights over - either to avoid eye contact with you, or check to see who is listening. Ap'lek catches his gaze before you can press him for any more details.

"No more, T."

With Ap'lek on your left and Trudgen on your right, in a stare down that would put mirrors to shame, you're beginning to feel a little queasy.

"I can take whatever it is." You say quietly, overtly aware of your present company. Are you being coddled? Or just kept in the dark? Which would you prefer?

"I'm sure you can." Ap'lek has one ankle resting over his knee, with amusement laced through his tone. You're taken aback for a moment at such a change in attitude from someone of which you have only received niceties - the sarcasm dripping from his mouth too easily.

For the first time since you've known him, the Force sends you a prickle of a warning.

Your senses are always on edge with the knights, and they have heightened and tensed around every one of them individually, except for Ap'lek.

Usually the back of your neck tickles, or an innate caution overrides your thoughts, and this would coincide with whichever Knight is acting threatening or violent.

To be getting this sensation without apparent danger relays an incomprehensible feeling throughout your psyche.

You get up without a word, collecting your notebook from where you'd left it last and heading to leave the quarters.

The sensation of someone moving to stop you waves a red flag through your mind, the Force connecting you with what is happening despite not being able to see it. Whoever has risen is swiftly halted by the sound of the Commanders voice.

"Let her go." Ren's order carries through the room in an echoless chamber. You push away the emotion it brings forward in your chest, of unsaid words and neglected feelings.

It was never my intention to keep you prisoner.

His previous confession rings through your scull as you slide both doors open and begin to walk the pathway to the den. Despite who he is, and who you are, Kylo Ren is giving you a chance. He, who has been so rottenly betrayed, is giving you the opportunity to learn from him. About him. With him.