19 - Don't worry about that.

TW: before this chapter starts i would like to warn people that there is some light detailing of needles and other related blood work!

After being lifted onto the kitchen island, Kylo is straight to work, pulling out a first aid kit and handling your leg between his long fingers with surprising agility.

"Lie down." He tells you, sending you an authoritative glare that orders you to do as he says.

You lie back on your elbows, watching his face while he works. The sting of the antiseptic has you irritated, but you let him continue. His eyebrows knot in concentration as he pulls out a sanitised needle and begins to thread it.

"I have something for you." His straight face gives nothing away but he seems hesitant, the way he phrases it, something you rarely see in someone who acts purely on instinct. Though it's almost like he's trying to decide if you deserve whatever it is.

"What is it?" You can't help feeling suspicious. The needle slides through your skin and a squeak escapes your throat. Kylo's hands steady you, soothing you, his thumb rubbing supportive circles into your thigh. Your throat contracts uncomfortably.

"That... book you draw in." He pushes the words from his mouth, seemingly a little frustrated but talking nonetheless. Your eyes widen, your lips curling up.

"Really?" Your toothy smile is difficult to hide when he looks up at you, and you worry for a second this is some sort of sick trick. You wouldn't put it past him.

"Yes." He frowns, tightening a thread and making you tense up. He smooths his thumb over you again to keep you settled. "I don't understand it, but it seems to calm you." He threads the needle again, and your skin being pierced again feels horribly scratchy. You focus on the idea of getting your notebook back. But why would Kylo care if you wanted it?

As if sensing your confusion, he clarifies.

"You can't fight for me until you are calm in your environment. I had planned to continue training you." His hands move skilfully, his fingers skating lightly over the sensitive flesh. "Ushar has made that difficult, but we will proceed nonetheless."

Your gulp is caught in your throat. Of course he wants you to train on a injured leg. You ignore the rage beneath your heart, connecting with the positive energy and happiness of receiving your book.

Maybe he has a plan for your leg. "What about my-"

"Don't worry about that." He interrupts you, finishing up and placing gauze and taping it.

You roll your eyes, unable to hold it back. Luckily, he doesn't see this.

"Up." Kylo beckons you forward, and when you sit up he slides his large hands onto your waist and hips to pull you forward to the edge of the table. The movement is swift, like he needed to bring you closer. He leaves his strained hands there, but you don't question it. He's touchy. There's something in his eyes you can't quite make out, though. You double check the walls to your mind, making sure that he can't slip past them while your guard is down.

Even sat up here, he's taller than you. It's ridiculous, and makes you feel a lot smaller than you'd like to. You look up at him with as much bravery as you can muster.

"Don't get it wet for now." A sparkle behind his eyes teased as a reminder of your steamy shower. "I'll try not to tempt you."

Arrogant asshole.

You flick your eyes down to his possessive hand placement. "I think we both know which of us can't keep their hands to themselves."

Danger flares on his face, excitement at the challenge.