The Clock

Prim's POV

I sat on the sand, while the others talked with Voltice and Statak. They seemed nice. Jay sat beside me. "What do you think about these two?" he asked me. "Um, I think we can trust them."

Lightning struck a tree in the distance. I jumped. I looked at Jay. He was my age, thirteen, and he had blond hair and brown eyes. Maple motioned for us to come over. "We've figured out that the arena is a clock. We don't know what each section is, but we do know it acts like a clock," Voltice said.

Something popped into my head. "The lightning strikes at midnight," I burst out."What?" Statak looked at me strangely. "Katniss told me." "Wait, midnight is basically noon," Statak was deep in thought. "The lightning strikes at noon and midnight. Wait... THATS IT!! A new horror each hour."

Voltice smiled," Prim, you're a genius." That's when Danista and Urgah burst out of the woods. I screamed, and took out my knife. Could I really kill someone? The District 2 tributes were there too, Toriatal and Kyani. Toriatal immediately went for me, but before he made it an arrow was in his chest.

I whipped around as the careers were chased away. Gale had shot him. I looked at his body and a tear ran down my cheek. That's when I heard Katniss scream.