Primrose

Prim's POV
I killed someone. I could hears Jay's voice telling me, "Prim, we have to move. The hovercraft is coming." I took a deep breathe, this wasn't helping. I needed to get over it and move on. I walked with Jay, and we slowly walked away.

We sat on the beach, and watch the hovercraft take the bodies away. "Who was that girl?" Maple asked looking up at the sky. "Her name was Thyla, I remember her from training," Beor said in a deep voice. He got up, and limped over to us from his spot near the ocean.

"What's with the limp?" Jay asked. "Oh, I tried to escape, right through the woods. They caught me, took me into the plane, messed up my foot pretty bad, and I told me I would be in the Hunger Games. This was six months before the Games. I was nineteen, so you can guess how surprised I was. They rigged it so I would go in." Beor sighed. There was an awkward silence. I stared at Beor.

"Okay, I'm going to get food," Tyga said getting up. "Take a look around," Jay said in a quiet voice. "Huh?" Voltice asked. "Well, most of us are going to be dead in a day or two." "The odds aren't exactly I our favor," Gale said with a smile. Voltice leaned on his shoulder. I raised my eyebrows. Were they together?

Tyga came back with an armful of shellfish. "Do we cook these?" I asked poking the clam. "No, just eat them raw, in district 4 we do it all the time." I gave the creature a resentful look and ate it. It was strange. It was slippery, there was a strong taste of fish, and it was salty. I guess it was good in a weird way.

"Hey!" I whipped around. There were the career tributes, dashing into the rainforest. We ran after them. "This is a bad idea," mumbled Beor. We entered the rainforest, but something was wrong it didn't feel humid, it felt like a desert. We kept going, and there was red dirt everywhere. Soon there weren't even any trees. "Nice of you to join us," Danista said with a smirk. "It's a little dry out here," Tyga replied. "And a little shaky," Urgah added mysteriously. "What?" Maple asked. She was shaking a little bit. "Oh, you'll see." I shuddered.

The careers walked closer to us. The ground started shaking. Kyani smiled evilly. "Earthquake!" Voltice yelled. "Go, go, go!" Tyga shouted. We stumbled toward the rainforest. Beor, Statak, and I were in the back. Kyani was catching up to us. The ground was cracking. Time seemed to slow down. Beor glanced at the ground, and looked me in the eye. "Primrose..." He pushed me hard toward the rest of the group, that was now staring at us. CRACK!! The ground collapsed beneath Beor, Statak, and Kyani. Danista and Urgah were on the other side of the newly formed cliff.

Beor managed to help Statak get on solid ground. Statak was about to walk away. "Wait! Statak.... Help... Me," Beor gasped. I would never forget the next moment. Statak looked him right in the eye, and walked away. It was too late to save Beor now, the ground was cracking. Beor stared at us. He had no hope. He had given up. He could have pulled himself up, if Kyani wasn't hanging on to him. We locked eyes. "Run!" he yelled, before the cliff crumbled taking Kyani and him with it. "BEOR!!" The scream ripped through my throat. There was no other sound except the rumbling. Tears were streaming down my face. Tyga said something that I didn't hear. Jay was practically dragging me away.

We finally made it out. There was no sign of the careers. Jay helped me lean against a tree. I played the scenes through my head again. "Are you okay?" Jay asked me, there was a lot of concern in his eyes. I nodded. Statak came over to us. "Primrose I'm-" I got up so fast that he didn't even realize it, until he was up against the tree with a knife against his throat. "Don't ever call me Primrose again," I growled. I looked into his eyes. "I should kill you," I said in a harsh whisper, and stepped away from him.

"Why didn't you save him Statak?" Maple said suddenly appearing behind him. "Logic. Might as well have one less person to kill," he replied coldly. "His blood is on your hands," Tyga said in an equally cold tone. The whole situation was tense. Someone was going to die. "No, please don't kill him!" Voltice pleaded. "Don't-kill-my-brother."