Relief and Sadness

Katniss's POV
It amazes me that Prim can go from a squeamish little girl to a doctor, in seconds. I turned around, and realized Finnick was gone. "Where, did he go?" I asked. "Where, did who go?" Peeta asked looking at me."Finnick." "He said something about "horses" and "snack"." Haymitch mumbled. I shook my head, and returned my attention to the screen.

I nearly had a heart attack. There was Voltice and Gale, conveniently placed where only the cameras could see them. They were kissing. I felt a strange mixture of relief and crippling sadness. Gale had someone, that was good, but I still loved Gale. I loved Peeta, but I loved Gale too. So, the only logical thing I could think of at that moment was to kiss Peeta, so I planted a kiss right on his lips. "Wha-" I cut him off with more kisses. His eye caught the screen. "Oh." He gently, but firmly pushed me away, and looked into my eyes. He leaned into my ear. "They're watching us," he whispered.

I looked around, and noticed a camera. If I showed that I had feelings for Gale, I was a goner. I could almost feel the snake eyes watching me. I swallowed my tears. I couldn't be with Gale, and put on some act at the same time. Next time I saw Gale (if there was a next time) I would talk to him.

At that moment Finnick came in, he had a handful of sugar cubes. He looked at me, and in a seductive voice he said,"Want a sugar cube? I know they're for the horses, but they've got years to eat sugar cubes, and as for us, well, when we see something sweet we better grab it." I stared at him for a few seconds, mulling over what I should say. "Um, no?" I mumbled. Finnick stared at me with sea green eyes. Peeta was looking at me with his eyebrows raised. Haymitch had been watching this whole fiasco, with a smirk on his face. "Well-" Finnick was cut off by a yell that came from the screen. A girl was holding a knife against Prim's throat.

I'm so sorry I haven't published in a while, I'll try to get the next chapter soon.