Good Night Katniss

Peeta's POV

"We have to help them!" I exclaimed. "It's too late," Finnick whispered. "Go to bed, we can't help them now." Finnick quickly walked away.

"He's right Peeta. C'mon lets go to bed." Katniss grabbed my hand and we walked to bed.

I sat on the side of Katniss's bed rubbing her back as she drifted off. I got up and went to my own room.

BOOM! Bombs were falling everywhere. We were in the area, again. "KATNISS!" I looked around. Smoke and ash coated my throat as I tried to fill my lungs with clean air.

"PEETA!" Katniss screamed. I sprinted over to her.

She was caught under a tree. "Katniss!" I tried to push the tree off of her. Then I noticed the blood. "Peeta?" she asked in a hoarse voice.

"I'm right here," I whispered as the tears streamed down my face. Another bomb fell. "It okay, Peeta, I'm still here."

I couldn't say anything. Really it's okay, I-I can't even feel it anymore..." Her eyes became glassy.

"Katniss?" I grabbed her hand. "No, Katniss, stay with me!" She didn't move.

A black object hit the ground beside me. BOOM!

I jerked awake in a cold sweat. It was just a dream. Just a dream. I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

I needed to make sure Katniss was okay. I snuck into Katniss' room and saw her, still alive and sleeping peacefully for once.

I kissed her on the forehead. "Good night, Katniss," I whispered.