Midnight

Prim's POV

A silver parachute floated down. I didn't even react. My hand hurt and the rest of my body felt numb.

Gale picked it up and opened it. "A spool!" Voltice yelled with a grin. A could see it from where I was sitting. It was large and thin gold wire wrapped around it.

"What?" Maple called back cocking an eyebrow.

"A spool! Statak get over here!" Voltice yelled as she took the spool out of Gale's hands.

Statak slowly walked over and studied the gold wire. "We could win this," he finally mumbled.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, how are we going to win this with a piece of wire?" Gale asked looking at Statak.

"Haven't you seen the lightning hit the tree?" Statak continued talking before  Gale could reply. "The wire can conduct electricity, so if we wrap one end of the wire around the tree and put the other end in the water, it will kill everything in the water and on the beach. If we get the other group on the beach they'll die."

"We better get going then," I said looking up at the darkening sky. "Yeah, better hurry, c'mon," Tyga replied standing up.

We made our way to tree and when we got there Statak immediately set to work. He wrapped the wire around the tree. "Now, I need two of you to uncoil this wire and put it in the water." "We'll do it," Maple said pulling Tyga up next to her. "Good, the rest of us will go to the next wedge. Remember, you have to get out of here before midnight, or you'll both die."

"Yay," Tyga said unenthusiastically. "C'mon, Maple," he said as he took the spool from Statak. Maple followed him as they began to unravel the coil. "Now, the rest of us can get out of here."

Very short chapter, and it's not super great. Good grief, I haven't updated in so long, sorry, guys. I need to know if I should make a sequel to this book, or if I should just end it