1

"The kingdom needs to-"

*Crunch*

"a way to filter-"

*Crunch*

Slam!

"Hmm? Are you alright hyung?" Cale stopped chewing and stared at Alberu who slammed the stack of papers on the table. They were inside his office, sitting on the couch and facing each other.

The Emperor's office is what you'd expect it to be. High quality materials used in every nook and cranny of the room. Red silk curtains covering the two large windows. Furniture's delicate designs are traced with gold, cushions made with purified cotton, pens and paper produced by the magic tower, paintings that were preserved from the very first Emperor and books that are either restricted or a sole copy.

And this majestic room that's worth more than a dragons nail currently has crayons and papers scattered around, cookie crumbs visible on the white and gold colored table and kids running around the walls, ceiling and air.

Alberu sigh he was already used to it. He smiled at the red head in front of him holding back the scowl that wanted to appear in his face.

"As I was saying, you as a representative of the Henituse household must persuade the people."

"Hyung, do I really need to do that? You're a hero of war, Light of the Kingdom, The Brightes-"

"Get to the point." Alberu did not hide his scowl this time.

"You're basically an army and so is your decision, the nobles might object but they can't really do anything significant." Cale replied with a smirk.

"Human! Is an Empress really important? What is it anyway?" Raon who was just chasing On and Hong sat down besides Cale, On and Hong followed along to listen.

"An Empress is someone who will assist the Emperor in leading the kingdom to peace and prosperity, her status will be higher than anyone else's other than the Emperor. So yes she is an important figure." Cale explained in a concise manner.

"Can you not be an Emperor without an Empress?" Hong asked and jumped on Cale's lap.

"You still can and can and maintain it that way." Cale looked at Alberu as he said that part in a stern voice.

Alberu stared back at Cale with a tired expression. He sighed, leaned back and covered his eyes with his arm.

"I'll see what I can do if not, then as a commander you must attend the meetings in regards to the Empress candidate's."

"...Can i not?" Cale tried to escape but the glare from his tired hyung made him sigh in his mind.

"I'll definitely be there for the Brightest Sun of the Roan King-"

"You may leave." Alberu abruptly cut Cale of and waved him of his office.

Cale picked up On and Hong and told Raon to place everything back to its clean state and after that they disappeared leaving the overworked Emperor on the couch.

"Empress candidate my ass..." murmured our beloved sun.

The others can't blame him, it wasn't even a month after they won the war against white star. Alberu was needed immediately, to take care of affairs and official crowning, he didn't even get to rest after participating in the brutal war, the people who weren't personally present on the war are now barking.

Cale could only think about Alberu in pity while enjoying his vacation in his private land given by Queen Litana.

The dragons went back to their respective homes excluding Eruhaben who occupied the role of being Raon's teacher.

"Cale-nim will Emperor Alberu get married soon?" Choi Han asked as he sat down on the sand beside Cale who looked very relaxed.

"I doubt it, he was just getting annoyed with those flies buzzing around him. Knowing him, he wants to quiet them down with minimal effort but a 100% effect." Cale took the wine glass that Ron handed him and took a sip.

*cough*

"Young master are you alright?" Ron handed a white handkerchief to Cale.

"Yes." Cale could only groan in silence. He had thought that he escaped Ron's hot lemon tea but who knew that it can also be served chilled with whipped cream.

A little while later the people who were having fun splashing around the water began to gather around Cale.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Making new chapter means writing it through the end.
See you there.