4

The great hall that is usually used for grand celebrations became the meeting room, no tables and chairs were placed for the reason that 'everyones idea's are of equal consideration with no regards to the social standing of course, it was just a petty way of making them stand for the duration of the meeting curtsy of aunt Tasha who got buried in paper work. Food and beverages of the finest qualities were displayed on one side but only some people took interest.

This is it, the chance to either gain power, tie Alberu down, form a pact with the eastern continent or help the Kingdom prosper by actually making a proper decision. Former King Zed sat on the golden throne and his 3 sons sat 1 stair below him. The other prince's were not required to attend but in order to keep their brother tied down they needed to vote a person to use as a leash and Former King Zed was just there to entertain himself and to give his blessing for the chosen candidate.

Alberu's smiling face can be seen but the atmosphere surrounding him was cold as death. No eye contact were made but sneaky glances were held along with a few murmurs here and there.

"May the sun shine upon you Duke. Where is former commander Cale?" A Marquis sneakily asked Duke Deruth who held a glass of wine in his hand, behind him Basen held a cup of apple cider.

"He is running late as he is still recovering." Duke Deruth responded with an empty smile, the Marquis and the ears around them perked up as if a joyful news was made. If the commander is not here then I'll take my chances was what their greedy eyes tell. Commander Cale has the absolute authority and voice to choose and discard a candidate as he has the power, people, money and influence by his side.

The cold room suddenly turned bright ideas were now circulating around the peoples mind, Basen who could read the atmosphere of the people could only sigh. The Henituse household would not join any arguments but would honestly vote for their candidate.

Alberu who kept up his smile hid the fact that he was searching for a certain scammer, secretly gliding his eyes across the room. 'Where the hell is that punk?' That red head that was not present at the scene, Choi Han who came first stood behind Alberu as his guard, whispered discreetly.

"He is harvesting cucumbers with the children, he will come as ordered."

Alberu's mouth twitched and several angry marks appeared on his forehead.

'Did he prioritize vegetables over the Kingdoms meeting? Specifically over him?' Alberu became irritated he knew that spending time with the kids is important but did he really just prioritize vegetables over him? The golden staff that Alberu was holding cracked but Alberu seemed to have not notice this and continued on with his angry smile.

"Dongsaeng you really..."

Choi Han could only shiver silently as he stared at the golden hair of the person in front of him as it emits black haze. 'Cale-nim should finish quickly.'
—————
"Achoo!"

"Human! are you sick?" Raon hovered over Cale as he packed up the cucumbers in a basket.

"I am fine, is everything ready?" Cale covered his nose with a handkerchief and stared at the baskets full of healthy looking cucumbers. It was really a wonder how the cucumbers grew up well in the Forest of darkness, was it because he emptied the lake? Shrugging his thoughts aside Cale organized the garden and the baskets before asking Raon to teleport back to the Henituse Mansion.

"Young Master Cale" As usual Ron greeted with his benign smile. A towel was presented before Cale, he gladly accepted the towel before returning to his room to take a bath and change. Cale knew that he was late but he wouldn't want to go there and smell like dirt and sun. The children also took their baths as they would like to be present at the scene though they would be invisible.
—————

"Are these the final candidates for the crown?" Alberu asked as he scanned the 5 candidates at hand, he kept his composure but he was a little bit taken back on how the candidates were cut down to just 5. He had to thank Cale's group for it.

"Yes Emperor Alberu." The aid respectfully bowed down and left the area. The hall was deathly silent and the rustling of papers are the only thing that can be heard. After going through the pages of information Alberu raised his head and thus the meeting began.

"Let us start."

The nobles also had the same copy of the papers, they thoroughly looked at it and began to voice their opinions.

"I believe that Queen Jopis would make an ideal partner for she is already a monarch and made her Kingdom prosper, trade would be made easier and our Kingdom would not be at loss."

"Ho. ho. ho who inserted her name?" Rosalyn's eyes slanted like a cats, Cale had already burned Queen Jopis's paper and seeing it there meant that the candidates were tampered with.

Rosalyn was here as the Tower's Master so she wore her formal robes instead of the stuffy dress, Cale was right she suited robes instead of dresses. Some people greeted her with admiration and respect but some could only glance from afar as she established herself as a veteran from war and part of Commander Cale's group at that.

Her vote also held much power along with the other hailed hero's and she's planning to make none as the Empress, since it would be better that way.